View Single Post
Old 03-11-2003, 09:22 AM   #121
Wizwad
Only me...

Late to the party

Reichart: "Hallelujah!"

Hee!

I find it very amusing that Reichert's getting the same reaction that MountainMaster received way back when while developing his FishPicker from Memilm's idea - everyone submitting requests for improvements or additions while not saying often enough, "Well done! Marvellous job! Keep it up!"

"Wow," I hear you say, "How come you remember that?"

Well, let me explain.
I first installed the SereneScreen Aquarium just over a week ago and a couple of days later discovered this site - and in the course of trying to catch up with the rest of you I've gone from the early posts on the betas to v.2 in under a week - excitement over the great strides being made, the addition of many new fish, the development of the wide-screen version; anger over the Microsoft DirectX debacle; then despair that it's been taking so long to get the 3D background done; excitement over the contents of the Wishlist; joy at the announcement of v.2 and then sadness that the wishlist was pretty much ignored. Due to this forum I'm an emotional wreck!

So what other features does v.2 have? I have the feeling there's more going on than I've managed to find in the forum in addition to the new fish - maybe I'm just not looking in the right place. Do the fish now have dappled light falling on them? Do their mouths open and close? If so, then "Yay!" If not, then how soon will it take to convert them using the new tools?

And finally, the most important question - will users who bought the product a week ago have to pay an upgrade fee for v.2?

All that said, thank you again and again, Jim, Reichert and Will, et al for your efforts in making this the best aquarium it can be. Well done and marvellous job. Looking forward to seeing what the next improvements will be! How about a seahorse, Reichart, huh, huh?! Pleeeese?
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote