View Single Post
Old 03-06-2003, 01:37 PM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

SereneScreen Marine Aquarium 2.0 announced!

Building on the new platform first exhibited in the SereneScreen Marine Aquarium Time product, we are happy to announce that SereneScreen Marine Aquarium 2.0 will be adding the following features:

Fish Selection Settings panel

100% CPU usage resolved
CPU usage has been reported as low as 2-5% on some systems now!

(2 and 5 indicate Marine Aquarium Time running full-screen in 16-bit color)

Fix for soundcard usage
Although some of you have already gotten the incremental 1.1.5 and 1.1.6 fixes of the Aquarium, the sound card fixes are being rolled out in MA2.0.

This problem involves the Aquarium blocking other applications from generating any sound on certain systems, even if the Aquarium sound was muted. The solution required adding a checkbox to completely disable any attempt by the Aquarium to initialize the sound hardware.

Ctrl-Alt-Del/Alt-Tab drops out of Direct3D, giving black screen bug has been worked on.
This is a problem on Windows 2000 and XP which could lead to the entire screen being black and no obvious way to exit (Alt-Tab will do it).

5 new fish and 1 redesigned fish!

redesigned Queen Angel

Blue Ring (Annularis) Angel

Imperator Angel (adult)

Redfin Butterfly

Rock Beauty Angel (adult)

Square Spot Butterfly (real photo, not from SSA 2.0)

I have requested higher-quality snapshots from Prolific. I realize these pictures are very blurry and do not indicate the relatively quality of the new fish. I mentioned to Reichart about "first impressions" and "putting your best foot forward", etc. and he's said he's working on it.

<center><table bgcolor=1D2890 border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 width=80%><tr><td><b>SereneScreen Marine Aquarium 2.0 is expected in the next <strike>2-3 weeks</strike> few days.</b>

MA 2.0 will be a free download/upgrade for all users who purchased the Aquarium at 1.0 or below (Fry's boxed version and all online versions 99L and prior). <strike>It is not yet known whether purchasers of 1.1 (online Lionfish edition) have a small upgrade fee or not.</strike></td></tr></table></center>

Discuss this Announcement

Last edited by feldon34; 03-13-2003 at 01:37 AM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote