View Single Post
Old 02-26-2003, 01:44 PM   #4
Steve Sobek

Angry

Sorry, Jim, I should have been clearer! I don't really have any CPU problems with Marine Aquarium, per se. It's only when I run it using Backlight, a program that enables screensavers to run as your desktop background while you work. I would think running anything that uses Open GL or so much screen drawing as MA would obviously take up CPU if I used it as my desktop background.

It's just that when I ran it like that, I liked the colors and everything so much that I just wanted a screen shot of it to run as my desktop background when I'm not running backlight, such as when I'm doing CPU-heavy tasks like encoding or using Photoshop.

Thanks to the link posted above, I figured it out! I switched my resolution to 1600, then ran MA in a window and resized it to fill the screen, but not run full-screen. I snapped a shot of the window and sized it down in Photoshop. Voila!

Thanks for all your help everyone. And MA is without a doubt the best screensaver. I had someone over the other night who was walking past my computer and stopped and said: "That is amazing! What is that?"