View Single Post
Old 07-21-2002, 10:27 AM   #2
mrtew
Registered

You certainly ARE a nut, and almost impossible to understand or read seriously, but you are right! If the program is running and the screensaver kicks in, it goes very slow and jerky because the program keeps running underneath it.

I think the solution would be to have the program 'pause' when the screensaver comes on. In fact one thing I would love to be added to the program is a 'pause' hotkey in case you do something with the computer that needs a lot of CPU without competition from the fishys. I don't run the program very much because every time I have to really do something else I have to quit it and then restart it.

My solution for getting around this missing feature is to run the saver with the free program SaverLab (which runs any screensaver in a window or as a background) because it has a pause hotkey. It works great. Whatever you do though, don't run the saver in SaverLab and the program in it's window at the same time; now we're talking about a slowdown verging on total lockup!
mrtew
mrtew is offline   Reply With Quote