View Single Post
Old 10-14-2001, 01:59 PM   #5
BladeRunner
Registered

Re: More on the Banding, Jim / Feldon Check in please

Thanks for the replies folks, maybe this is a Diamondtron tube thing? what monitors are you using?

I don't get any banding it other coloured windows at all. It is not super obvious in the image, so make sure you look at it real close please.

I just can't think what it could be that has been carried over from all the upgrades, nothing in my system is the same, (including cables, PSU keyboard and mouse. SB live is the only thing, but can't see how it could be that. Fsaa is disabled. (and we never had Quincunx with the GF2 GTS). I lived with it before as I was convinced a 32bit colour version would solve this problem, as you do get banding in game / photographs with 16bit colour. As Jim says it makes no difference and it does kind of look different to the type of banding you get with lack of colours.

It's almost like the darker vertical banding you can get with aperture grill monitors when the grills are misaligned in shipping, but of course this is horizontal, and it's only a bit like it sooooooooo hard to explain but annoying all the same.

I guess if you guys can't see it a visit to the opticians is in order, funny a few of my mates couldn't see the GF2 Ultra rolling lines problem, and that really did exist.
BladeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote