View Single Post
Old 05-13-2002, 04:09 AM   #50
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
You should ALWAYS specify pathnames in quotes in any programming you do.
Yes Indeed, but I reckon it is because the path name are treated as string data type in programming lang...not becoz it is a path name so that it uses quote.....
well...correct me if I was wrong

Mountainmaster
Arr.so it is intentional, no wonder ur application doesn't support this feature, well, for ur explaination, I think u still can avoid the addition of interface complicacy by not adding the "leave starfish alone" option but still accomplish the need by implementing the logicalness of the programe's intelligence. If the user didn't set the starfish position when he/she was creating a new set, then ur programe can just omit the additional starfish information in that custom seting, nevertheless, if the user did select a position for starfish while creating the new set, ur programe will then add this information in to the setting as usual as u do for saving the fish information.
Afterall, the goal of ur programe is to predefine the SSA, by the defination of "predefined" means everything is defined as the user prefers, so if the user did select a position for starfish then this information should also being saved, this is more logical in sense I reckon.

What do u reckon then?

---EDIT---
the message I'm trying to convey here is that for this kind of situation, it is a conditional situation, and if the condition(emplying "leave starfish alone" here) can be observed by user's interaction(if the user doesn't select starfish's position, that means "leave starfish alone"), then the decision(emplying save or not to save the starfish postion value) from this condition can be done by the programe itself since it can determined from user's interaction, therefore, there's no need to explicitly to ask the user about the condition first and then take the decision.

Hope u understand my saying. I think I still need to improve my English when it comes to explaing stuff.
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com

Last edited by James; 05-13-2002 at 05:48 AM.
James is offline   Reply With Quote