View Single Post
Old 05-11-2002, 05:27 PM   #30
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
Nice work Mountainmaster and thx for what u did, I don't really mind if my work r wasted. but I know seeing starfish on glass without waiting is many ppl's wish.
The weird thing is that it seems doesn't work on my computer...
as I try to set the starfish's position, and then hit apply then hit launch button, the starfish remains where it were, it didn't change its position. But if I manually double click ur 10 registry files and apply them into the registry, it works, it seems ur program cannot appply the registry successfully on my system,
as I can see, ur registry file begins the header as "REGEDIT4" where WinXP's registry file begins with "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00"
but WinXP can take care any registry file which start with "REGEDIT4" if u manually apply it.
so I try to edit the head myself and change them to "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00" and STILL doesn't work, so this means it's not the head problem but somehow ur programe is a little buggy with WinXP Pro...:P
Well, I dunno what's going on in ur programe but it just didn't work on my system, weird.....I'll later try it on the WinME after I reboot back to WinME

Maybe u can ask memilm how did he port the registry, he's original one port the registry from a txt ini file.

Does anyone with WinXP Pro experienced the same problem or just me?

Any fish picker beta tester here? I saw there are many downloads of the attachment, but only few replies....
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com

Last edited by James; 05-11-2002 at 05:37 PM.
James is offline   Reply With Quote