View Single Post
Old 05-11-2002, 06:13 AM   #11
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
Swede
did u read the FAQ of Desktop Dreamscapes ?
I don't notice any slow done on my system but only the Desktop Dreamscapes itslef frezz or become choppy and this is intentional and I don't mind that, the program is same as SETI@Home which receive idle clock of CPU.
here's the quote from its FAQ

- Does Desktop Dreamscapes slow my machine down?

Desktop Dreamscapes is designed not to interfere with or slow down your normal use of your computer. It runs as an idle process, using only CPU time that would otherwise be wasted. It also monitors and releases video resources when another application or game needs use of the video card.

- Sometimes it's running when another application is doing something, will this slow my computer down?

Often times another application will perform a non-CPU intensive task, like loading data from the hard drive. Since the CPU would normally sit idle during this time, Desktop Dreamscapes keeps running, but this does not affect the performance of the other application.

- Desktop Dreamscapes sometimes pauses for several seconds.

This is intentional. Desktop Dreamscapes monitors system activity and will pause and/or release video resources when it detects that another application may soon want them.
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote