View Single Post
Old 03-15-2002, 04:04 PM   #14
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
Morgan
I'm sorry that u can't add more fishes into ur current screensaver...
the reason is that screensaver is a fixed program made by the registered game user....
that why senivy said he can make some more with different scenery or fishes
So if you guys don't like WINDMILL, I can arrange other themes, such as "TEMPLEĦ@in the Tank"
so u can't add-on fishes nor scenery inoto ur screensaver...
the only way to use those add on is by installing the whole game...
I'm not sure if there's any demo out there(don't think so)

well......I have a copy but I didn't play much becoz it can't show the grafic of main menu properly...although it shows the tank with no problem.......so I uninstalled it and never use it again...
if there's no such thread here........it's CD probably still hidden deeply inside my drawer......
when I bought this game back in Taiwan 2 yrs ago........
it hasn't release any salt water fish yet......nor extra feature like make the tank as screensaver to share with somebody.....

in the official site of this game....the latest news state that the game is going to release the second version very soon....with whole new improved 3D engine and AI of fishes and lot of new functions.......but it didn't say when.....
I'm looking forward it anyway.......

$35 USD is expensive compare to the price in Taiwan....
it's only $12.85 USD in Taiwan.......
the game in Taiwan is very cheap IF the game is developed by Taiwan software company.....the reason is that Taiwanese usually don't have any confidence on Taiwanese-made software product.....lots of bugs....poor graphic.......etc...
but that was long time ago........now surely improved...this game is an example...but the market still follows the tradition...
tagging the low price in order to attract some customer or else on one will buy it.......
of coz it's the problem of Taiwanese perople....
most Taiwanese like to play RPG and other stuff...some Taiwanese-made RPG also very expensive....those r the big companies....
but only a little amount of ppl like to play this type of simulation game......
that's why the game is sooooo cheap.....

well.....Morgan....if u want the CD copy..........I can mail u one(coz I backup each game of my own......this is legal to back up but not very legal to mail one to u though......if u mind then don't bother it...)I'm currently in New Zealand........so it migh ttakes abuot a week or more to reach ur hand if I mial it......
but make sure u install some plug-in to let ur computer see those chinese words and ask some of ur chinese friends there to help u out...

slofland
sorry....I tot no one would like to lok inside the battlefish's site

battlefish's diary

but beware...the sit eis only support in Traditional and Simplified Chinese...

here's some screenshot of the product
product intro

PS. if u r cunning enough.......u r able to find out its website by my previous image's link......all the image is from that site
no offence!
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com

Last edited by James; 03-15-2002 at 04:14 PM.
James is offline   Reply With Quote