View Single Post
Old 02-21-2002, 10:10 AM   #86
lancensign
Yellow Tang

I'm sorry to see that so many are having trouble, however my experience could not have gone more smoothly. I logged into this forum last night, saw the announcement that 1.1 was out, and made a beeline for my email inbox. Not finding anything there, I went to the Prolific site and provided the information to have the keycode emailed to me. I waited until it arrived, then downloaded the new version off of the Prolific website. Before installing, I completely removed the previous version of the aquarium. I installed 1.1, copied and pasted my keycode from the email into the registration screen, sat back and enjoyed.

I personally think the lionfish is the most incredible of all the fish that have been done so far. I think the eyes and moving mouth are just wonderful. I've also noticed that smaller fish not only avoid collision, but actually turn tail and move away when the lionfish comes their way. This fish appears to be king of the hill.

I love the transparency of the fins -- it just looks amazing the way you see the other fish through the fins when they swim past the lionfish. Also, the way the lionfish moves is perfect. This is excellent work.

For fun, I set the tank up with all seven fish as lionfish for a while, which was rather scary lookin'. Now I have my original complement of fish, with one slot now dedicated to the lionfish.

No bugs to report here, but if I notice anything I'll post it promptly. So far, it's working flawlessly under Windows XP Professional... my framerate actually seems to have gone up slightly, which is a plus! Good work, thank you Mr. Sachs, and I think you ought to take a well-deserved vacation very soon.
lancensign is offline   Reply With Quote