Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Why not add some funny stuffs in Aquarium? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=917)

Adam Betts 07-06-2002 05:39 PM

Why not add some funny stuffs in Aquarium?

I think it'd be cool to add some funny stuffs in Marine Aquarium ScreenSaver such as falling toilet, new iMac, etc. You could also add falling toxic cans and the water become fully green then all of the fish died :D

Maybe some fish could fight with other fish when they steal their foods.

What do you think?

feldon34 07-07-2002 11:07 AM

You've just aged our developer, Jim Sachs, a year or two.

Adam Betts 07-07-2002 11:59 AM

If After Dark's ScreenSaver can do it then Jim can do it too :)

Or fire two of your tech support and hire new programmer :D

feldon34 07-07-2002 12:25 PM

Jim doesn't WANT to do that crap. He is an artist.

Let those other people do the silly screen savers. Jim's is a genuine marine life simulation.

Reichart 07-07-2002 12:37 PM

Littering the ocean.

We would no sooner put a toilet or gag item in our Aquarium than we would put the same item in the ocean.

This is not intended as a hostile response, but rather, to bring to light our philosophy of the product. The SereneScreen line is being developed to be…Serene. We are rather tricky in our philosophical simplicity.

There are companies that make joke+fish+screen_saver product. We create a narrow product line of quality+fish+screen_saver. Each fish is hand crafted in what can takes weeks to months to create.

That said, if we find the right combination of quality, humor, and subject matter, we may bring to market something of a novelty product. In fact, we have some thing truly wondrous on the drawing board.

Unregistered 07-08-2002 01:29 PM

NO!!!! This is not a gag aquarium, it is supposed to be realistic. Adam, if you read the faq, you'll notice that there will be nothing of the sort happening-- in fact it looks like it will only become more realistic as time goes by with a more 3d coral environment in the works for future releases. Very cool!!

gorickey 07-08-2002 02:46 PM

Well, although I would find it pretty funny to see some other things floating around in there, I find the way it is just perfect right now. It truly is a piece of art, incredible work!

I hope we can change the background some day though to various diff. corals and stuff, that would rock!

feldon34 07-08-2002 03:14 PM

Unlike other screen savers which have a flat photo that the fish swim in front of, the coral in SereneScreen Aquarium is built in sections which the fish can swim in front of or behind. Also, there are complex shadow mounds which create the illusion of a 3D lighting effect. Press W to see what I'm talking about.

The 3D background, when we get it, will be a double-width true 3D coral reef. It will still look like a tank, rather than the ocean, but it will have moving corals, polyps that sway in the flow of the water, clams that open and close, etc.

When? After the Freshwater Aquarium comes out.

gorickey 07-08-2002 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by feldon23
Unlike other screen savers which have a flat photo that the fish swim in front of, the coral in SereneScreen Aquarium is built in sections which the fish can swim in front of or behind. Also, there are complex shadow mounds which create the illusion of a 3D lighting effect. Press W to see what I'm talking about.

The 3D background, when we get it, will be a double-width true 3D coral reef. It will still look like a tank, rather than the ocean, but it will have moving corals, polyps that sway in the flow of the water, clams that open and close, etc.

When? After the Freshwater Aquarium comes out.

Is it okay to foam at the mouth?

;)

Adam Betts 07-08-2002 05:26 PM

I understand your point now :) I agree that they shouldn't over-do the current screensaver since it's as real as possible.

Can someone post a preview of 3D background? I'd like to see what it looked like :)

feldon34 07-08-2002 06:31 PM

The 3D background exists in Jim's mind. I think he said he'd built the gravel floor and clams so far before he stopped to do the Lionfish and then Freshwater Aquarium.

Unregistered 07-14-2002 12:44 PM

No.....Just beautiful, tranquill, relaxing, authentic as you have developed it!
Marilyn

Tiny Turtle 07-14-2002 02:15 PM

GoRickey, I like your sig

/Tiny