Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Goldfish 2.0 Released... Finally (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3403)

drfish 02-26-2006 10:14 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I knew I wouldn't be the only one! ;)

Tiny Turtle 02-27-2006 05:01 AM

Oh, hush up Tulip Boy! :)

/Tiny Highlander (There can be only One)

Aren't you gonna ask me how the upgrade's going?

edaniels 03-01-2006 10:34 AM

If the flower & vase had to be replaced with something else, what should take its place? I think it would look too empty with only a bowl.

bugsymcd24 03-01-2006 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edaniels
If the flower & vase had to be replaced with something else, what should take its place? I think it would look too empty with only a bowl.

maybe a desk clock, or a mirror, or a telephone, or anything other than a flower,

also, how about letting a least 2 fish in the bowl, not just one?

edaniels 03-01-2006 06:10 PM

Here in the U.S., most guys (myself included) wouldn't feel comfortable having a flower on their desk; we tend to feel it puts our masculinity in doubt... but over in Asia, warriors studied "sissy" things like poetry and flower-arranging as much as swordsmanship, and it's more of that Asian feeling I was going for... I was trying to create a tranquil feeling, an appreciation of natural grace and beauty.

To me, a telephone represents stress... a nice clock, though, may do the trick. My wife suggested maybe a sprig of some non-flowering bush or tree might be masculine enough... but I'm open to other suggestions, too.

Anybody else...?

Jim Sachs 03-01-2006 06:13 PM

Bonzai tree.

Lostboy 03-01-2006 06:25 PM

How about a cat? No, no… that’s for version 10.0…

When I first saw the fishbowl I was surprised that only one fish was allowed in the bowl, but it grew fast on me, and I don’t know if I’d want any more.

I really like the flower personally. When I watch the goldfish is gives a calm feeling, and the flower just seems to fit in with that. I’m itching for some 3Dness, but I’m very patient.

But to have an option to put something else there would be nice. I’m lazy with my creativeness right now, so I thought I’d look to life for ideas. And since I don’t have a fishbowl of my own I thought I’d search Google’s images. But I found nothing.

How about a picture frame? Import your own picture in there. Maybe a clock on the wall in the background… coo coo clock.

Other ideas, but not as good; lava lamp; can of fish food; or if you really feel like getting into it, a window in the background with the forest just outside, with the lights turned up it’s daylight birds chirping sun shining wind blowing a gentile breeze making the curtains dance, and then with the lights turned down at night the crickets chirp and the moon shines on the lonely goldfish bowl.

edaniels 03-01-2006 07:08 PM

Wow, that's a lot of good ideas, and within such a short time... very impressive. My favorites so far: bonzai tree, picture frame, and window with blowing curtains. All of those satisfy the tranquility requirement without being too swishy.

Oh, and Lostboy? You should write ad copy.

Lostboy 03-01-2006 09:30 PM

Thanks!! Writing ad copy would be great! Would go along with what I went to school for. Sure would beat selling people cell phones all day. I should go West.

Also I change my mind about the coo coo clock... grandfather clock would be much nicer.

patscarr 03-01-2006 09:32 PM

I like the picture frame idea!

bugsymcd24 03-02-2006 04:19 AM

I like the bonzi tree idea as well also the window Idea sounds cool...

how about a lite reflection on the glass of someone or somthing like a cat looking into the bowl from this side, you reall don't see it, but the reflection is there,

EVERRET 03-02-2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patscarr
I like the picture frame idea!

Me too, I also liked the lamp (lava?) idea with possible color variations to reflect off the bowl.

Marian Nichols 03-02-2006 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edaniels

I like the cat idea, too. One that is looking intently at the moving fish, just like mine do. Have their tail slashing.

Jav400 03-02-2006 03:59 PM

Actually that was my first thought as well. But I think that might be one that the doing of it would be much harder than the idea of it and get it right.

Tiny Turtle 03-02-2006 04:58 PM

Bonsai. It's spelled bonsai, folks. No "z" in there.

/Tiny Making Enemies

Jim Sachs 03-02-2006 05:04 PM

Ha, ha - that would be my fault. When I typed it, I was wondering "Is that spelled with an a or an o?" I missed the "z" entirely.

Tiny Turtle 03-02-2006 05:20 PM

"Banzai" is something completely different... :)

patscarr 03-02-2006 05:26 PM

The picture frame idea is the best!

cjmaddy 03-02-2006 05:45 PM

My vote is for the 'plant in a tray'.

..... and two fish in the bowl ! :)

edaniels 03-02-2006 07:23 PM

Two fish in the bowl: The problem is with the collision detection/avoidance system. As it is, we've got just enough room in there for the biggest fish. If the space were any smaller, or the one fish any bigger, there would be problems. Adding another fish would be possible for the smallest varieties, but not for the big ol' guys. Wouldn't you feel somehow cheated if you were given the ability to double-up with some fish, but not others?