Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Logo Downloads and Help (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Logo Convert Help needed! (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2711)

James 11-14-2004 10:33 PM

Logo Convert Help needed!

1 Attachment(s)
Can someone help me to covert the following two logos into two PNG file so I can put it under the MAT folder to cycle thru them?

Quote:

Originally posted by feldon28

As more logos become available from me and other artists, I will release a logo loader I've written in VB.

So Morgan, have you ever release a logo loader in VB? or still under coding?

James 11-14-2004 10:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've tried to save my logo in PNG but it turns out like this, I don't use photoshop but I use the cheap one that come with ACDSee, PhotoCanvas, and it seems cannot make transparent.

James 11-14-2004 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've see some people helping to converting logo for them but I found the logo they've converted doesn't have enough or obvious emboss effect. I'm expecting somthing like the follow:

I've done this by importing them as BMP and it works fine, but in order to cycle thru both of them, I must use advance method by putting PNG under the directory, so I seek help from you. :)

James 11-15-2004 04:49 PM

So anyone please help me?

and Morgan, is there a VB logo loader from you?

Thank you in advance.

feldon34 11-15-2004 08:03 PM

No, because of lack of interest and time.

James 11-21-2004 07:34 PM

PLEEEEEEEEASE can any one help me to convert the log? :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Thank you very much in advance!

feldon34 11-21-2004 10:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You should try to get Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro.

feldon34 11-21-2004 10:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And...

James 11-22-2004 01:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
wow thank you so much Morgan, I knew you'll help me if no body does, I'm really appreciated. I'll try to go get a copy of Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro.

However, the logo seems doesn't do its job well, it's not tranaparent, see my attachment, did you set it to transparent or have I done something wrong? I put it under the installed directory as instructed.

By the way, the logo looks like carved out from the shadowing, can you make it looks like more carved in? I mean the blank area is higher than the logo's area, like how it shuold looks like if it's imported by the programme. (see pix in above post)

feldon34 11-22-2004 09:58 AM

Sorry, try those.

James 11-22-2004 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by feldon28
Sorry, try those.
Thanks, but try what those?

EDIT: I see the new attachement now, thank! I'll try it out now!!

James 11-23-2004 01:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what it looks like in the end, it doesn't exactly looks like what I have in mind, but thank you for your help anyway Morgan.

I did a bit of work myself this afternoon, by using very simply FotoCanvas photo editor, I've finally come up with the following two logo, which has the emboss effect reverse with azimuth set to 270, so it looks like carved in, then I carefully select the outline and copy/paste it on a crystal texture to make the carved in area look like grinded crystal, then I carefully select the outline again and finally paste it on a red background.

Now I need your one last help Morgan, to make the red channel as transparent in PNG and I'm done. My FotoCanvas doesn't support alpha channel in PNG. :(

James 11-23-2004 01:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
first one:

James 11-23-2004 01:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
second one

thank you in advance again Morgan, to make the red channel transparent

lannp 01-10-2005 12:27 AM

Hi James:

How do you plan to cycle through your two logos?

Lan

feldon34 01-10-2005 12:48 AM

by throwing them in c:\program files\serenescreen\marine aquarium time\ ?

lannp 01-10-2005 02:38 AM

Exactly! The Time2 does cycle through the *.png files that are in the "home" directory. Not only that, I found out that when you use the bit map format, the program creates a logo.dat there. The cycling also picks up the logo.dat as well. The internal code that converts the 1bit (black and white) bit map does a real good job to create the Logo.dat file. If we could have the code cycles through the *.dat as well, we will not have to go through the hassle (and time consuming) step of making the *.png using Photoshop. May be Jim would consider that in the future.

Lan

Lan

feldon34 01-10-2005 01:13 PM

Sorry, but I think the logo results with 1-bit BMP are extremely ugly. Yes, it's the best they can do with a 1 bit image, but it's not even in the same category as what you can do with PNG files.

Some examples here:
http://feldoncentral.com/forums/show...?threadid=2302

FYI, Jim did not create the MAT version of the Aquarium. That was done by Prolific.

lannp 01-12-2005 02:33 PM

OK. I do agree w/ you that the 1-bit bip map does not give good results unless it is something very simple. I played with using Photoshop to make PNG, and the bit map cannot match these results.