Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TV? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4560)

Mith 11-03-2008 04:14 AM

TV?

Hey, just thought of something. Is it possibly to put this screen saver on a disk that will play on my TV? I now you can run a computer to your TV (I think) and see it that way, but for those of us who just have the DVD player, can we do the above???

Tiny Turtle 11-03-2008 08:11 AM

Yes, it is possible. So is hooking your PC up to the TV. Unforunately you'll only get a resolution (720x576) when using the DVD format and naturally the fish will swim in the same way every time.

There was a DVD version of the tank released ages ago but that was nothing special, really. You should look into a program called "FRAPS" if you want to record a clip of the tank.

feldon34 11-03-2008 11:52 AM

There was a DVD put out there that was very low quality. Not even widescreen anamorphic.

Tiny is right that the best tool to produce a DVD would be FRAPS. The question is do you have a big enough hard drive to record 90 minutes of the Aquarium? :)

And would it be best to try to record antialiased or record it at a higher resolution and scale down the resulting video?

Most people end up just building a $350 PC to run the Aquarium and hook it to their TV. MA3 looks incredible on our new Mitsubishi 65" 1080p DLP TV.

Jim Sachs 11-03-2008 09:14 PM

Prolific is thinking of making a hi-def DVD of MA3.

feldon34 11-03-2008 10:54 PM

Excellent idea. Hopefully they either use FRAPS or modify the Aquarium engine to write high resolution JPEG files to the hard drive and feed that into a video encoder using DirectShow filters (you can route graphics, sound, and video between two programs who don't speak each other's language with DirectShow filters).

Any type of video transfer would look horrid.

Edgar 11-04-2008 12:02 AM

We should be able to get MA3 to generate the High resolution frames needed to create that video.
We just need to force the framerate to whatever we desire and let it take snapshot frame by frame.
It will look really slow in realtime while generating the frames but it should be correct in its playback. Then just add the music and bubbles sound separately.

Mith 11-04-2008 01:39 AM

Ya, I think I tried fraps once (demo maybe?) and the files for a short vid were HUGE!....

Oh well... if they figure out a way to do it I'd get one... but for now I'm still very happy with what I have. :D

Tiny Turtle 11-04-2008 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 106965)
Prolific is thinking of making a hi-def DVD of MA3.

That would be a Blu-Ray disc then?

feldon34 11-04-2008 09:15 AM

Edgar,

Sounds good!

Tiny,

I'm guessin' Blu-Ray. HD-DVD lost the war. There are a lot of tropical sea life Blu-Ray videos and aquarium Blu-Ray videos out there that people run on their TVs.

Tiny Turtle 11-04-2008 05:59 PM

Yup, I know HD-DVD is dead – I just wanted to point out that HD content cannot be put on a regular DVD (at least not to be played back on a regular DVD player).