Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Sleep - what does it do? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5341)

Dale 05-20-2010 09:04 AM

There's some problem with asking for clarification? Or suggesting changes? Or with understanding that Jim is absolutely in charge of the end product?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 121700)
I've decided to go the Limit Frame Rate route.

OK. What parts of the user interface change with that? And what will CTRL-R do now?

And I'm sure that "everybody" is interested in whether that will be in MA3.1, or will be later.

harris 05-20-2010 09:11 AM

+4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 121718)
+3. Of course, I've been depressed ever since my income got cut by 90% a couple of years ago, leaving me to build my house all alone.

Jim,

You are not alone when your family is at home! ;)

cjmaddy 05-20-2010 09:15 AM

Do I really have to repeat again what I have already said here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale (Post 117196)
And I'm sure that expressing my personal opinion will draw some angry responses.

No, - not angry, - bloody furious! ..... Dale, have you never heard of Cromwell ?

Cromwell had a line for it....

Quote:

In 1653, after learning that Parliament was attempting to stay in session despite an agreement to dissolve, and having failed to come up with a working constitution, Cromwell’s patience ran out. On 20 April he attended a sitting of Parliament and listened to one or two speeches. Then he stood up and harangued the members of the Rump. This speech does not survive but has often been paraphrased, for instance in the, Book of Days...

"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"
There are a number of members who I may not always agree with, but we are all allowed our own opinions. However, it is obvious to me that Dale and JohnWho are the two most disruptive protagonists. Without their contributions this forum might be able to return to something like normality.

Jim Sachs 05-20-2010 09:48 AM

Dale - The Program Settings will contain a checkbox for Limit Frame Rate, and a slider to set the number.

Harris - Correct, my family is home while I'm at the lot, pounding nails. (Although my daughter has been showing up in the afternoons lately, to cast cement corner stones.)

Cliff - Occasionally Dale comes up with something I've missed that really needs to be done. Also, out of all the Forum members, he is the most willing to go the extra mile in Beta testing, sometimes putting together entire systems to check something. Sure, his posts are often a bit long, but just do what I do - only read the first two lines :)

JohnWho gets a free pass because he has volunteered to do the whole ReadMe file.

Dale 05-20-2010 10:21 AM

Thanks, Jim.

cjmaddy 05-20-2010 10:36 AM

Jim, Check your PMs.

JohnWho 05-20-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 121725)
Dale - The Program Settings will contain a checkbox for Limit Frame Rate, and a slider to set the number.

Hopefully, this will show up in the "11g" final beta?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs
JohnWho gets a free pass because he has volunteered to do the whole ReadMe file.

Working on it even as we speak.

Of course, I can't finalize anything until you (Jim) tell me that the beta I see is the final I get. (See signature for translation assistance.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale
And I'm sure that "everybody" is interested in whether that will be in MA3.1, or will be later.

Well, now that it's mentioned, if 11g goes final, wouldn't the next logical programming release be either 3.12 (we've had 10d for a long time, the 11x's have been reent test betas) or 3.2?

feldon34 05-20-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 121725)
Cliff - Occasionally Dale comes up with something I've missed that really needs to be done. Also, out of all the Forum members, he is the most willing to go the extra mile in Beta testing, sometimes putting together entire systems to check something.

Dale does not have a patent on testing on Windows Vista/Windows 7.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs
Well, now that it's mentioned, if 11g goes final, wouldn't the next logical programming release be either 3.12 (we've had 10d for a long time, the 11x's have been reent test betas) or 3.2?

The next official release would be 3.1.