Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Marine Aquarium 3 Comments & Appreciation (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4382)

Overlord 02-07-2009 09:03 PM

I agree with Jim that most people want to see progress in the direction of the clams opening and closing and especially the new fish models and movements. I mean some of these requests are getting outlandish and is breaking away from the fact that it is an aquarium screensaver. Next they'll be wanting Jim to have Nascar racing or golf tournaments playing in the background. Whatever you guys are smoking, I'll buy some.:eek:

Nicki 02-08-2009 09:43 AM

So no chance that the clock will have an alarm , and that the fish will sing happy birthday to me on the appropriate day ?

I'm kidding , really . Put that rotten fruit down ... agh ! << runs away quickly >>

Manymosi 02-08-2009 12:52 PM

PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't you understand that every stupid request you give to Jim is that less amount of time he can devote to adding/improving to his incredible program?????????

Lets just leave him alone !

Now, get back to work Jim !

Nicki 02-08-2009 01:02 PM

Geeze Manymosi . No need to be so aggresive .

Manymosi 02-08-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 110606)
Geeze Manymosi . No need to be so aggresive .

Sorry, my apologies. I lost my temper a little bit there.
My frustration wasn't directed at you specifically, just all the many,many posts concerning similar requests/complaints etc.

Overlord 02-08-2009 02:47 PM

I do respect the fact that this is an open forum. So everyone can have their say. So I am going to make a request: Open a whole new seperate thread titled "WILD AND FARFETCHED REQUESTS THAT WILL NEVER BE IMPLEMENTED INTO THE AQUARIUM BUT CAN BE TALKED ABOUT HERE". That way we could distiguish between reality and LSD flashbacks.

feldon34 02-08-2009 03:01 PM

Overlord,

Careful, you're going to give me ideas.

harris 02-08-2009 03:14 PM

Interesting Find

Have you ever looked at one of those paintings/pictures composed of dots or lines that cause you to see different objects when you stare long enough?

Well, look into the crystal's lower right corner and what do you see? I see a fish that tried to swim through the crystal and got his head stuck! It's especially easy to see if you use a logo that doesn't cover this area. Now I can't use the crystal anymore because it freaks me out. :eek:

Does anyone else see this?

Jim Sachs 02-08-2009 03:22 PM

Nope, I don't see it.

People were always imagining all sorts of stuff in the old program. Once I got an email from a guy who was scolding me for putting such filthy images in the rocks. I was never able to convince him that there was nothing there - it was all in his own mind.

harris 02-08-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 110616)
Nope, I don't see it.

People were always imaging all sorts of stuff in the old program. Once I got an email from a guy who was scolding me for putting such filthy images in the rocks. I was never able to convince him that there was nothing there - it was all in his own mind.

Jim;

Look just below the second "U" in Aquarium.

cjmaddy 02-08-2009 03:29 PM

Rumour has it that Jim based that piece on a similar crystal brought back from the extreme depths of the Pacific ocean! ;)

..... That's a fossil !

Jim Sachs 02-08-2009 03:34 PM

Still don't see it.

Wizwad 02-08-2009 03:48 PM

I see what you're talking about, harris, but it really is just the way you're interpreting it. If you look at it the right way it sorta does look like a fish head, but you have to be looking at it just right, which means it depends on your imagination in order to see it at all. :)

Overlord 02-08-2009 03:54 PM

I see what he is talking about also. It is kind of like seeing Jesus's image in a taco shell or Abrahan Lincoln on a corn flake. It is all how your imagination interpets it. I did notice that if I play a music file backwards it says "I buried Paul"!:D

cjmaddy 02-08-2009 04:00 PM

Yeh, like I said, it's a fossil of a fishes head. - But it looks clearer when you see it from the other side...

Jim Sachs 02-08-2009 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ah, I see what's happening. You guys are looking at a version of the crystal from a couple of weeks ago - ancient history for me. Here's what the crystal looks like in Beta 9a. That same pattern is there, but it's much more subtle.

Jim Sachs 02-08-2009 05:15 PM

Beta9a is up: http://www.fish-byte.com/MA3Beta.zip .

tormod 02-08-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 110628)

Thanks, just checked out the calendar. Would it be possible for the
calendar machinery to pick up the settings from Windows i.e. if my
clock is 24.00 hour use it and if the first day of the week is Monday
use that ?

In the regional options setting you set the clock using the time format My
format is set to: HH:mm:ss. HH Means I want a 24 hour clock.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\sTimeFormat

The first day of the week is hidden here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\iFirstDayOfWeek

0 = Monday, 6 = Sunday

Of course clams have priority ;)

Tormod

jroseone 02-08-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 110616)
Nope, I don't see it.

People were always imagining all sorts of stuff in the old program. Once I got an email from a guy who was scolding me for putting such filthy images in the rocks. I was never able to convince him that there was nothing there - it was all in his own mind.

So you were the guy who put all those naked ladies on the old Camel cigarette boxes. :D

Does anyone else remember that, people used to find all sorts of things in the Camel, or was that just a Brooklyn thing? :lol:

Seriously though, that guy was eating the wrong kind of mushrooms. :loco:

Jim Sachs 02-08-2009 08:20 PM

Yeah, I remember all the old Camel controversy.