Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   [Not a Bug] MarineAquarium3 (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4390)

tliszt 10-10-2008 06:20 PM

MarineAquarium3

Issues with Beta

I own a licensed Marine Aquarium 2.6 on a Mac (OSX).

I am able to run Windows XP on my Mac, so I downloaded the v3 Beta and ran the installer.

I can launch the 'standalone' application (MarineAquarium3) which works, but it *does not* appear when I attempt to select it as the screensaver.

Steps: Control Panel -> Display -> Screen Saver tab
the Marine Aquarium saver does NOT appear under the drop-down of available screensavers.

Also...how do I access any of the settings (i.e. to remove the 'goofy' text stats that display in the upper left of the aquarium image?) It doesn't appear that the standalone app has any settings panel.

And again, it doesn't show up under the Screen Saver choices.

Suggestions?

Tiny Turtle 10-10-2008 06:25 PM

Text: Press "S"
Settings: Press Space bar
This doesn't work on the standalone?

feldon34 10-10-2008 06:25 PM

On Windows, it should show up as a screen saver if dropped into C:\Windows\.

tliszt 10-10-2008 06:35 PM

Thanks so much!

Once I copied it to the correct directory (C:\Windows) it showed up.

And the space bar gave me the settings, and the 'S' key let me toggle on/off the (ugly) stats on the screen. :-)

It seems like it would be good if the installer put the application into the correct location.

(Being a Mac user, I was stymied.)

Now...what I really want is a version for my Mac!!

Jim Sachs 10-10-2008 06:43 PM

Untill we get an actual installation program written, MA3 does not actually get "installed" on your machine. Just like in the Good Old Days, it's just a program that you put anywhere you wish on your hard drive, and double-click the file to run it. To uninstall it, just delete the file.

Only screensavers which have been installed into the proper directory (which is different for each operating system), will show up on the list of screensavers in Display Properties.

However, just because it doesn't show up on the list doesn't mean you can't use it as a screensaver. Just right-click the file, and choose Install. You'll notice that the full Aqaurium now actually runs in the tiny Preview window in the Display Properties box.

schneb 10-10-2008 06:44 PM

Keycommands

There are a few keycommands that I have found through random play and I think should have been included. If there are more, please free to share.

P-Pan Toggle
W-Wireframe Toggle
S-Stat Toggle
F-Fullscreen
X-Fish Toggle
M-Music Toggle
B-Bubble SFX Toggle
Spacebar-Menu
Esc - Exit

Jim Sachs 10-10-2008 06:56 PM

Aren't those all covered in the About box?

Bubbadude 10-10-2008 07:06 PM

Well I'm running 112 fps at 1680x1050x32 on a nvidia Geforce 8800 GT WITH 512M and all the fish in the tank and it is awesome, kudos Jim no problem yet.

schneb 10-10-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 105440)
Aren't those all covered in the About box?

Didn't know they were in the About box. There was no instructions in the Zip file. Oh well, it's there guys! :)

jkingrph 10-10-2008 07:16 PM

I downloaded, double clicked and get a black screen with message no input signal.

Jim Sachs 10-10-2008 08:59 PM

Try right-clicking it and select Configure. Bring up the Screen Settings box and try setting the resolution to something other than Automatic. Try a low resolution that you're sure the system can handle, maybe 800x600x16.