Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   SereneScreen and OS X Catalina v10.15 (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26016)

scotts 10-08-2019 07:52 PM

SereneScreen and OS X Catalina v10.15

Oh, here we go again. The 3.3 beta update that fixed SereneScreen in Mojave is now nonfunctional again in Catalina. Just as in Mojave, it can be started as an App but it will not trigger as a screen saver. Hopefully, the same fix can be applied to support Catalina v10.15.

Jim Sachs 10-11-2019 01:56 AM

Yep, they've done it again.

philosopher 10-16-2019 07:02 AM

It's Not as Bad as Last Time!

I too thought the screen saver was broken again with Catalina.

But, I'm happy to report that it's much simpler than that! The Catalina install has somehow removed the software key.

Just go to Settings -> Desktop & Screen Saver -> [Screen Saver Tab] -> Marine Aquarium 3 and click the "Screen Saver Options" button.

Enter your serial number and it works again!

Jim Sachs 10-16-2019 10:17 PM

Wow - thanks for the info!

scotts 10-20-2019 09:09 PM

Yep, that fixed it for me too. Good find!

Jim Sachs 02-12-2020 10:14 PM

Hey Mac users -- I've got a lady on the website trying to install the latest version of MA on a Mac. I'm not familiar with Mac at all. Is there anything very different from installing on a PC (download the file and run it)?

feldon34 02-13-2020 11:05 AM

Mac software usually downloads as a Disk Image (DMG) file which you just open like a hard drive and run.

Jim Sachs 02-14-2020 09:57 PM

Thanks, Morgan, I'll pass it on.

Helena 04-11-2020 09:26 AM

I am here because I have a somehow unusual problem. (First please excuse my english, it is not my mother tongue).

I am using right now 2 iMacs (HomeOffice...), one is an older one from late 2013, now updated to Catalina. And after re-entering the registration code, it works again.

My brand new second iMac, arrived with already pre-installed Catalina, I cannot make SereneScreen running. I enter the registration code but the code is not being saved and the screensaver is also not working, not even in demo mode. The program itself is working, but I would like to use it as a normal screen saver.

Do I have to buy another registration code? In the past I was able to use the same code on my office Mac (which is now at home here) and on my private Mac as well...

Maybe it is still a Catalina problem and my brand new iMac has another hardware of course. I am hoping this can be solved, I miss the fishies ;)

Jim Sachs 04-11-2020 10:00 AM

Helena - There are a few reports of problems with Catalina. There was also a problem with Mojave, but Apple fixed it on their end. You do not have to buy another Key Code -- you are allowed to use the same code on all your Macs. Jim O'Connor is looking into the problem, and thinking of doing a complete re-write of the Apple versions.

StevenMR 05-21-2021 05:07 PM

MA 3.3b1 on Mac - Clock erratic

I'm running MA 3.3b1 on a Catalina-based Mac. It works fine as a stand-alone app and as a screensaver. The only problem I'm having is that sometimes (not always) the Crystal clock is exactly one hour behind the system clock. Other times it's right on. Anybody have that experience and if so, did you resolve it?

Filipp77 08-06-2021 06:50 AM

I have the last os version and everything works right
I am living in the property in Portugal here so the internet connection is quite good

Jim Sachs 08-06-2021 02:38 PM

Glad to hear it's working with Catalina. No idea about the time thing.