Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Aquarium 3-in-1 Limited Edition (Content & Compatibility Issues) (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4769)

fishandchips 02-14-2009 05:51 PM

Aquarium 3-in-1 Limited Edition (Content & Compatibility Issues)

Hi there,

I have just purchased a Marine Aquarium 3-in-1 Limited Edition CD/DVD online which includes Marine Aquarium 2.5, Goldfish Aquarium & Sharks: Terrors of the Deep.

I have not yet received it & am having second thoughts as to whether i should have opted for Marine Aquarium 2.6 or the latest version 3.0 !!

Can anyone answer the following queries:-

1) Is Marine Aquarium 2.5 compatible with Windows Vista ?

2) Can all 3 screensavers (i.e. Marine Aquarium 2.5, Goldfish Aquarium & Sharks: Terrors of the Deep) run as a desktop background as well as a screensaver ?

3) Am I correct in presuming the crystal clock function also has a calander & only functions when using Marine Aquarium 2.5 ?

4) What are all the differences between Marine Aquarium 2.5 & Marine Aquarium 2.6 ?

5) Am I correct in presuming Goldfish Aquarium & Sharks: Terrors of the Deep are both Version 1.0 in this limited edition software and can they both be upgraded to Version 2 via lifeglobe.com ?

I look forward to an early response

Thanks

Bob M.

feldon34 02-14-2009 08:02 PM

I copy here the same e-mail I just sent you to these questions:
__________________________________________________ _____

Bob, I am not an employee of SereneScreen, but I will do what I can to answer your questions.

I'm guessing you purchased a boxed version of Marine Aquarium 3-in-1 from Amazon or some other retailer?

1. Marine Aquarium 2.0/2.5/2.6 are compatible with Windows Vista to my knowledge. You are welcome to download Marine Aquarium 2.6 or the 3.0 Beta from SereneScreen.com and see how they work on your system.

2. None of the Aquarium products will run as a desktop wallpaper by themselves. You might have success with Windows Vista Dreamscene.

3. The crystal (if present in your version) can be used for logos, clock, calendar, etc.

4. Marine Aquarium 2.6 added 6 new fish. Marine Aquarium 3, which is currently in a public beta, adds a totally new high definition 3D background, although the clock/crystal feature is still in testing and not finalized.

5. Yes, you can upgrade to Goldfish 2 and Sharks 2. I don't know what the cost is.

Kindest Regards,

bratboy 02-16-2009 04:55 PM

Last time I checked goldfish and Shark upgrades to ver 2.0 ran $5.99 each.

Jim Sachs 02-16-2009 04:58 PM

Prolific has suggested that we allow all previous versions of Marine Aquarium to be upgradeable to MA3 for $9.95. I have tentatively agreed.

joltdude 03-08-2009 11:16 AM

Upgrade pricing and Prolific orders

Prolific is already taking orders for Marine Aquarium 3 upgrades for the 9.95 or so Jim mentioned on their website....

Already bought mine ;)

Lightkin 03-10-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 110970)
Prolific has suggested that we allow all previous versions of Marine Aquarium to be upgradeable to MA3 for $9.95. I have tentatively agreed.

I think that's a very fair price --thanks, Jim!

:TU: