Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Jim, where do we go from here! (Redux) (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7661)

klind75997 06-03-2011 04:39 PM

I can't wait for the installer version. I want it to be in my screen saver like the other version. It (Beta 12d) is on my desktop now for me to click on and look at periodicaly. I just hope the final installed version does not take too long to come forth.

engelens 06-03-2011 05:03 PM

Thank you for Harvey! He looks great!:)

G600 06-03-2011 05:16 PM

Yes, the zebra moray eel really adds to MA, finally the cave is inhabited!:)
But the eyes are quite static; I wonder if this is typical of this kind of eel.

Jim Sachs 06-03-2011 06:56 PM

Klind - The installer version won't do anything you can't easily do yourself. If you want the new version as your screensaver, you have two options. You could simply replace the old MarineAquarium3.scr file with the new one. This is the cleanest way, but it requires finding the old file (it's usually in C:/Windows/System32, but newer operating systems can put it elsewhere).
The second method is even easier - just right-click the file and choose Install. This tells Windows to use the program in its current location. The only disadvantage is that if you switch to a different screensaver, your original version of MA3 would still be the one which shows up on the list. No real problem, you could simply right-click/install again.

jleslie 06-04-2011 01:28 AM

Thanks Jim - very impressive!

spetro 06-04-2011 03:19 AM

Whoa Nellie.....How cool is this!!!!!!!:TU:

edit>> I have found one major flaw. All my fish look VERY nervous when they swim past the cave now.

Andy Lavies 06-04-2011 10:16 AM

My fish don't look a bit nervous - somebody told them that Harvey's tail is superglued to the cave. Poor blighter must be getting hungry by now and can't do anything about it :)

Thanks, Jim!

flip 06-05-2011 12:46 AM

Personally I think it has more character now with that Eel

Nasty looking things those Eels.

I have caught a few Morays over the years you dont release them just cut the line and drop them back.

Keith

Jean-Pierre Marro 06-05-2011 08:19 AM

Hello Jim,
Thank you for giving us the possibility of downloading "Harvey" with (12D Beta) this moray eel is magnificent …
I waited and I saw him(it) going out of the cave …
Beautiful work … BRAVO!!
Cordially
Jean-Pierre

Wesjack2 06-07-2011 06:07 PM

Deep Cool

Looks great -- Very nicely done !!

srelliott 06-18-2011 10:42 AM

Every little bit helps....

Hi Jim,

This thread originally started out as "what's next" and I saw all the concern about loss of sales. So, I just wanted to let you know that I've decided to upgrade to try and help you weather the financial storm.

Love the eel and keep up the good work. Best of luck to you.

--
Shannon

Jim Sachs 06-18-2011 12:26 PM

Thanks, Shannon. Every little bit helps!

snorkler 08-17-2011 10:48 PM

Haven't been to the forum in a while. The eel is great!
Next is a freshwater?? What happened to the creature packs? the live anemone? a starfish that moves? schooling? improved fish movement?
No offense (I love this simulation!) but there is already a very good freshwater sim out there!
I was hoping to be able to purchase add-ons to SSA for some time to come!

Michael

Jim Sachs 08-18-2011 01:33 AM

Yes, there's a very good freshwater program out there, but I don't get anything from that one :)

So, it's time for me to continue the original plan and work on my own version.

ESHIREY 08-18-2011 10:22 AM

And we are all waiting for it. If it's anything like the Salt water one it will truly be a WOW factor of 100.

snorkler 08-18-2011 08:01 PM

More

Sorry to be a pest - but will there be creature packs?
Is Marine Aquarium a "finished" product?
I know Jim does not get anything from the "other" freshwater aquarium but, IMHO, creature packs would be a better way to go than a completely new product. I would even prefer a butterfly garden to another aquarium!!

Thanks, Michael

Jim Sachs 08-18-2011 09:03 PM

Most of the technology from the Marine Aquarium can be re-used in a Freshwater Aquarium. A Butterfly Habitat would mean starting completely from scratch. There are major technical hurdles regarding the butterly movement, which no one has even come close to getting right.

I do still plan to create Creature Packs for both products, as well as the occasional free addition like the eel.

snorkler 08-19-2011 08:00 PM

Sign me up for the creatures!
Would LOVE a butterfly garden but it sounds like that may not happen.
Thanks for the replies and for Harvey!

Michael

hayc59 08-21-2011 10:28 AM

Jim thanks for the eel!!
nice add-on ;)

Jim Sachs 08-21-2011 12:06 PM

You're welcome!