Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Check out these multi monitors (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2783)

philosopher 12-27-2004 08:38 AM

Check out these multi monitors

1 Attachment(s)
I just thought some of you may enjoy seeing my aquarium setup at my workplace.

I'm a programmer so I get some pretty fun stuff to work with. Of course it's best use is to run as many aquariums as I can!

patscarr 12-27-2004 09:01 AM

Wow! Sweet!

drfish 12-27-2004 07:52 PM

:) I still have you beat, I had it running on 5 at once before, all powered by the same computer... ;)

patscarr 12-27-2004 08:15 PM

I smell a challenge.

Jim Sachs 12-29-2004 11:58 PM

Looks like CompUSA!

lannp 01-09-2005 10:35 PM

I run my aquariums in window mode. I set a wide screen on the left side, select the fish I want and select the lighting I prefer. On the right side, next to the wide screen tank, I set up the 4:3 ratio Time tank with other fishes. The lighting is set to be the same as the wide screen tank. Now I can work under my two tanks while I have two beautiful tanks on the top portion. I now only need a new option for a different coral rock formation, and I will have a super wide "tank" with time and logo. If you are interested to see, I can take a screen grab and post. Please, someone tell me how to change the name "Yelow Tang" under the image on my posts? Coudn't figure out how that is done.

Lan

Jav400 01-09-2005 11:03 PM

Lan,

Its set as an option, but you have to have a few more posts under your belt before it becomes available to you. Not many more though.

lannp 01-09-2005 11:38 PM

Thanks, Jav400. Now, does this count as a post toward my "post" credit? How many does one need to turn on that option to change the name? The image I selected is hardly a yellow tang. Does anyone have experience with screen burned in due to MA? I am tempted to have the saver run all the time (my computers are on all the time) and I am afraid the coral rocks will damage the display from burn in. Does the light cycling really help? I would hate to have to replace my wide screen LCD of my 4 month old Dell Inspiron 9100.

Lan

patscarr 01-10-2005 12:37 AM

I would like to see a screen grab of your setup.

The post limit is very low, like 10 or 20, then you can change your title.

Actually, I've never heard of anyone having trouble with burn in on this forum before, and I've been here awhile.

Tiny Turtle 01-10-2005 04:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just thought this one fit quite well in this thread...

Marian Nichols 01-10-2005 05:24 AM

OMG. TT. At first I thought I was looking out of windows or maybe the cockpit of an airplane, it took a sec for me to see the monitors.

lannp 01-10-2005 06:22 AM

Super wide screen cheat...

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the screen. I cheated and processed the two windows to merge into one. On my wide screen lap top screen, you see the left (wide screen w/ borders) and right (4:3 Time2 w/ borders) windows side by side with adjacent thin borders. My display is 1600x1200 so what you see occupies the top side of it. If the coral background is different, you would have a good simulation of a two tank display. Underneath, I have enough room to work with two more windows so work can be done too. I select different fish and set manual light control. It would be great if the window version of MA has the option to turn off the window borders to save these pixels.

Lan

lannp 01-10-2005 06:24 AM

Errata: My screen resolution is 1920 x 1200 (wide screen) and not 1600 x 1200 as I said in earlier post.

Lan

patscarr 01-10-2005 10:20 AM

I wanted to see a screen capture of what your desktop looks like, with both screensavers running and any apps open that you might work on.

drfish 01-10-2005 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lannp
Does anyone have experience with screen burned in due to MA? I am tempted to have the saver run all the time (my computers are on all the time) and I am afraid the coral rocks will damage the display from burn in. Does the light cycling really help? I would hate to have to replace my wide screen LCD of my 4 month old Dell Inspiron 9100.

Lan

Yes, I have commented on it many times, USE the automatic light feature, it's there for a reason... If you don't the coral WILL burn in your screen.

lannp 01-10-2005 11:42 AM

Full Screen capture of twin MAWide & Time2

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Pat:

Here is the screen you wanted to see. I am not doing any serious work right now (too early) so the usual Visual Studio is not running. You can see the Task manager, my webcams monitor, I am on the SkyPE.com (greatest free internet phone worldwide I know) The two MA windows. When I need more pixels, I move the MA all the way to the top hiding the control bars and I have enough room for things like Photo Shop, Word. When I really need room (say for bread and butter work) then I just close down the MA windows, to open later.

Note: I had to resample the capture image to 75% and compress to 50% quality to make the size under 260KB limit for attachment so the jpg is not as good as the one before.

Cheers

ESHIREY 01-10-2005 11:47 AM

Cool. :TU:

patscarr 01-11-2005 12:46 AM

Yes, looks real cool, Lan.

Now Tiny, can you use your PS skills and make all those monitors run MA?

P.S. Could you please e-mail me the origional? I want to have a go at it too. But my attempt might not be suitable for the forum. Thanks. :)

Tiny Turtle 01-11-2005 01:51 AM

Pat,
I didn't take that picture, y'know... The one I posted is the largest I got.

As for inserting MA onto those screens – it won't look any good as the proportions are all screwed up. It would get too close to running multiple instances of the tank. Sorry.

Tiny Turtle 01-11-2005 01:59 AM

A Swedish Mac site just tested using dual 30" Apple Cinema Display HD and posted about it. The conclusion was that it's too big – the outer parts of the desktop is outside your peripheral vision which makes you look like your about to cross the street or something. For those who want to see how much you can fit on such a desktop they posted a screenshot of the 5120x1600 desktop.

/Tiny 19"