Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Voodoo 5 AGP (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554)

relvis 02-17-2002 10:32 PM

Voodoo 5 AGP

Where can I get the drivers that work with both Counter-Strike and the Fish screensaver in open GL?I have to change my driver when I want to use the Fish and Counter-Strike.Can someone help me out here?
Thanks

FishyBusiness 02-18-2002 01:52 AM

Are you trying to say that the Aquarium runs in OpenGL? If so then you are mistaken. The Aquarium uses D3D.

If you are running WinXP, then try here and test these drivers:
http://nat.mine.nu:81/3dfx/

I have no idea if they work, and I am not responsible for anything that happens to you, your girlfriend, your dog, your cat, or your lama. :D

I hope they work for you. Please give us some feed back as to whether they work or not.

feldon34 02-18-2002 01:10 PM

No, he's trying to say that every Voodoo 5 driver capable of running the Aquarium in Direct3D has no OpenGL capability.

The problem Voodoo users keep having over and over on this forum is they have to choose between their games looking like crap and running the Aquarium, or their games looking great and no Aquarium.

I have yet to see anyone here getting satisfactory results with the Aquarium running an OpenGL-capable driver on a Voodoo 3 or 5 on Windows 2000 or XP. :(

LoganŽ 02-18-2002 03:46 PM

I think I have one...

Hey all just wanted to say that my mom's PC is running a voodoo 3 and I found a driver for her that run's Medal of honor which is Glide and the aquarium both equally well. The aquarium run's at 1280 by 960 at 50-60 frames a second. With medal of honor running equally well. Anyway sorry this is so long but if you guys are interested I can look up the link for you or just E-mail you the driver's. By the way they are XP drivers. Also Jim just wanted to say great screensaver keep up the good work... :TU:

LoganŽ 02-18-2002 03:50 PM

I forgot...

I also meant to include on my other post that the drivers are for the voodoo 3,4 and 5.

FishyBusiness 02-18-2002 03:53 PM

Logan,

I don't own one but as Morgan pointed out A LOT of people do and are looking for a driver that works for them.

So please post away! :p

Shinsa 02-18-2002 07:03 PM

relvis,

check this site. Has a variety of drivers AND bios flashes

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/g.stanton/Html/main.htm

BTW: I'm still using WIN 98se. No problems at all with OpenGL/D3D between apps. SS looks good, and so do all of my games.

I have never paid for an OS.... yet. I always received a complimentery copy from Microsoft. One of the bonuses when working at a retail chain. MS like to give stuff away believe it or not. They even gave me a copy of Office 2000 Premium, which at the time sold for over $800!

But looks as if I might have to shell out the money now for a copy of XP (after its finished going through its DELTA testing stage).

relvis 02-18-2002 11:42 PM

Voodoo 5 drivers and Fish Screensaver

I have some good news for everyone trying to get the voodoo5 video card to work with the fish screensaver. I was chattin with feldon23 and he helped me figure this out.

Morgan (feldon23) let me test out the 1.1 beta and told me to hold down Ctrl-T, and bam it worked. Thank you again for all your help. Everyone here seems to care about us a hell of alot more than Microsoft.

feldon34 02-18-2002 11:46 PM

Pressing Ctrl-T turns off texture compression. On a 12mb or 16mb card, this isn't a big deal, and it seems the best Voodoo 3 and 5 drivers don't handle Direct3D texture compression properly.

And Ctrl-T is saved between instances of the Aquarium, so you only have to press it once.

Shinsa 02-19-2002 12:25 AM

You know, it would be nice to know what ALL of the key presses do.... ARGH....

^T is a new one to me. (caret is abreviation for CTRL)

I recently discovered some others on my own. How many more are there?? :eek:

feldon34 02-19-2002 01:10 AM

Jim put in Ctrl-Alt-F to help me take pictures of the fish for my website.

N toggles Calculate Normals, which increases the amount of processor and video card horsepower used to calculate exactly how the light of the tank is hitting the surfaces of each fish. At first this was defaulted to on. In 99K, this was defaulted to off since the picture quality change was minimal and it caused unpredictable results on (if memory serves) Matrox cards.

R resets the Aquarium to defaults. This is almost as drastic as running the Registry Cleaner.

Ctrl-S is not documented, but of course displays (in invisible color), the statistics display of how many frames per second. Strangely, this stabilizes the framerate on many nVidia cards.

FishyBusiness 02-19-2002 01:18 AM

Relvis,

Yes we do care more aobut this issue then MS. All MS is concerend is making ALL of the money that is on this planet. Like they can take it with them when they leave this planet.

Now we know what MS meant when they said, "WinXp will encourage computer hardware sales."