Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Starfish (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16072)

Darrell 09-01-2012 03:54 PM

Starfish

Hello, I cannot find a starfish allowed on glass option. Can anyone help me please?

Jim Sachs 09-01-2012 05:24 PM

V3.2 does not have this feature yet. In older versions, the lights went completely black sometimes, and I used this to mask the transition of the starfish onto the glass. The new version does not do this, but I am planning to use the time when the starfish is off-screen (if panning is turned on) to do the transition.

Ralph 09-01-2012 08:57 PM

:TU: not to throw a wet towel on this but with multiple screens there is no panning.. we will observe the transition.. I think you will need to have this user selectable.. start on glass, start on sand, start where last seen.

Jim Sachs 09-01-2012 10:47 PM

Or if 'Starfish allowed on glass' is selected, then it might randomly be on the glass or ground whenever the program starts.

Ralph 09-02-2012 08:04 AM

True.. but we also may want to have the starfish start where he last was. Having him reset to the default start makes if look like he seldom moves far. Without my three possibilities I don't see how to make the transition from glass to sand.. Unless you came up with a distraction.. On reaching the glass / or sand you created a disturbance.. a cloud of swirling sand ?? and when that cleared the starfish had made the transition.. how realistic that would be would depend on your magic :)

Xylem 09-02-2012 03:14 PM

Hi Jim, and all...

I haven't been around for ages and just wnated to stop by and see how things are going. It's odd you were having this conversation because I was watching my fish and got to thinking that the starfish was dead; he lies on the sand and doesn't move, and I kept waiting for him to move to the glass like he used to, but no joy. Glad to know you're working on this Jim.

Also, I noticed that when I try to access the 'Visit Website' button in the Settings Window I get an "out of memory... Microsoft Jscript runtime error." All the other buttons and functions work correctly. Should I worry about this? Not important to me - I can always get here.

Anyway, Jim, I get endless hours of pleasure from your work. Glad to see you're still at it, and hope life is being good to you. Cheers,

-Tom

Jim Sachs 09-02-2012 04:01 PM

Welcome back, Tom. The starfish does move, it just resets its position to the default each time the program starts.

This is the first I've heard of the 'Visit Website' problem. Is anyone else here having this trouble?

Ralph 09-02-2012 06:05 PM

No.. it works for me.. But, I have Zone Alarm and it detected a call to cmd.exe before the webpage would open ??

Jim Sachs 09-02-2012 06:51 PM

Yes, the webpage is opened from a Command Prompt.

patscarr 09-02-2012 07:08 PM

Works OK here.

Nicki 09-02-2012 09:47 PM

No problems for me using Avast and Comodo firewall.

Xylem 09-05-2012 12:15 PM

ok, I found the cause of the "Visit Website' problem. There is a file in C: Users: name: AppData: Roaming: MA3 named "OpenSereneScreenBuy.js." This is a hidden file. It was detected by COMODO Firewall as 'unrecognized' and isolated. Comodo was probably suspicious because it is a java script file. I am unsure when it was quarantined because I seldom use the 'visit Wesite' button.

I don't know why Nicki and others didn't have this problem; perhaps my security is set higher, or something.

In any case I moved it to 'trusted file' within Comodo and now everything is working.

Hope this may help someone. And thanks for all the feedback, folks.

patscarr 09-05-2012 12:30 PM

I don't use Comodo

Ralph 09-05-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xylem (Post 143144)
This is a hidden file.

I think it depends on whether you have "show system files" checked in Folder Options > View. Security settings could stop unknown *.js files from running

henemly 09-07-2012 01:10 PM

Hi Jim, I hope the registry has a "StarfishOnGlass" option as my
version 2 has it set to "01" so it's always on the glass as I like it.

patscarr 04-26-2020 08:54 AM

I miss seeing the starfish on the glass. Remember when there was 'Starfish allowed on glass' checkbox you could select? That was awesome. I even remember there being a registry key that could be altered to allow the starfish on the glass. Does that still work? I'd like to try it if it does.

Jim Sachs 04-26-2020 09:06 AM

Nope -- it caused too many problems, so I took it out years ago.