Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Two Questions_single thread? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3164)

Tony Montana 07-14-2005 06:10 PM

Two Questions_single thread?

Hello everybody...

My first question is:

1. I followed the directions on how to place a logo into the crystal, but they are PNG. The importer only accepts BMP Monochrome, what the heck am I missing? I placed the PNG into the folder specified. I am probably missing something obvious does anybody know what it is?!?

2. I have dual displays, I am using a Matrox Parahelia APVe with two 19" viewsonics, I have a 3.4 P4 and 1 gb of DDR2 ram. Now the only way I can get it to go across completely is in Stretch Mode but the aspect ratio is different on each monitor, which is odd because it is using being used as one. in addition I cannot use the saver at desktop resolution (the screen goes black and all I hear are tiny little bubbles), which is 2056x1024 16 or 32 bit. If I go smaller I can get it to work, but it doesnt look as good.

Thanks in advance,

ESHIREY 07-15-2005 08:19 AM

Hey buddy. First I want to welcome you to the forums. We are a great bunch of people from all over the world.

Now for your problem. I have mine running on dual monitors too. But I have a GeForce FX5900 and running in Horizontal Span. I first have it set to 1024x768, then in span it is running in 2048x768.

Someone should be along soon to help with your card and settings. Again, Welcome to the forums. http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoti...happy/1055.gif

feldon34 07-15-2005 10:09 AM

For dual monitor, download Marine Aquarium Time 2 MD (Multi-Display).
http://www.serenescreen.com/product/time/

You placed a 32-bit color PNG of the correct size into the C:\Program Files\SereneScreen\Marine Aquarium Time 2 MD\ ?

Tony Montana 07-15-2005 11:19 AM

Thanks for the response...

Feldon- Yes, and my pic is 256, created in Photoshop CS. How do I get the saver to recognize the logos, without using the importer.

I do have the MD version, unfortunately I think the terms you are using with your GE Force differs from the terminology of Matrox. Do these configurations sound familiar? Clone Mode, Stretch Mode, Independent Mode? I orginally tried stretch mode were both monitors are as one and retain one aspect ratio, Then I used independant were you can drag a window into both but you can have different attributes on each monitor ie, refresh, aspect, etc...

Thanks again...

feldon34 07-15-2005 11:47 AM

Have you gone into the Settings and clicked on each monitor/graphics card and made sure it's not set to [X] Blank?

Can you post the logo here as an attachment?

Tony Montana 07-15-2005 12:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I enclosed the attachment, FYI, I downloaded your files that you have posted and I cannot view those either. I dont think it is the file type...I think I am missing some command in MD. How do you view the logo on the crystal, you cannot import it because it only recognizes BMP. It has to be something really dumb!?!

And what do you mean by "[X] Blank?

feldon34 07-15-2005 12:55 PM

It's not a command!
It's not an import!
There is NOTHING you can do from WITHIN the Aquarium to load the logos!

You MUST drop the PNG files into the Marine Aquarium Time 2 or Marine Aquarium Time 2 MD folder.

Tony Montana 07-15-2005 01:30 PM

Which I did... What do you do next?

feldon34 07-15-2005 01:49 PM

Run the Aquarium. If you have Logos set to display, it should rotate through them.

Tony Montana 07-15-2005 02:08 PM

I did and the only one that shows up is the Prolific one.

Tony Montana 07-18-2005 08:03 AM

I played around some more (with no luck), I just dont want to waste anymore time on this but,Thanks for your help anyways...

feldon34 07-18-2005 02:31 PM

Tony, you're not the only one to post this problem.

I am not sure what is going on here but I will look into it.

Tony Montana 07-18-2005 03:15 PM

Thanks, I will drop in periodically and see whats going on.

FYI, my name is not Tony, I am just a big fan of Scarface. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

Gus

torch511 07-20-2005 05:30 PM

Sometimes Photoshop can be a little too advanced for it's own good sometimes. Here is what I think is happening:

In order for MA2+T to recognize the BMP files, the files MUST be monochromatic images (1 BIT). If you are creating an image in RGB mode, unless you take a few extra steps, Photoshop will save the BMP file as an ordinry 16, 24 or 32 bit image.

In order to get the file to be recognized, convert the image to grayscale (Image>Mode>Grayscale) and then convert it to a BMP (Image>Mode>Bitmap).

Now when you save the file, the BMP options window should read 1 Bit, and the file will be able to be imported.

I will refrain from commenting on why someone would plop down 700 bucks on software they obviously have no clue how to use.

drfish 07-20-2005 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torch511
...I will refrain from commenting on why someone would plop down 700 bucks on software they obviously have no clue how to use.

Well you didn't do a very good job... :rolleyes:

AKcrab 07-20-2005 08:44 PM

Quote:

In order for MA2+T to recognize the BMP files, the files MUST be monochromatic images (1 BIT). If you are creating an image in RGB mode, unless you take a few extra steps, Photoshop will save the BMP file as an ordinry 16, 24 or 32 bit image.

Aren't we talking about a PNG file?
Quote:

Originally Posted by feldon29
You MUST drop the PNG files into the Marine Aquarium Time 2 or Marine Aquarium Time 2 MD folder.

Quote:

I will refrain from commenting on why someone would plop down 700 bucks on software they obviously have no clue how to use.

How does one learn to use software without buying it?

torch511 07-21-2005 02:49 AM

Tony (knowing that tony is not your real name)

Have you previously imported a logo and are now trying to replace that BMP image with an existing PNG file?

If so, check in your MA2+T folder for a file called logo.dat If it is there, delete it, make sure the PNG file is in that directory and it should work.

I tried your file over here and it worked fine, so it is not the file.

feldon34 07-21-2005 11:08 PM

Quote:

You should know what you are talking about before being rude and insulting to forum members.

patscarr 07-22-2005 03:46 AM

I didn't think he was trying to be rude and insulting, but sarcastically funny.

Tiny Turtle 07-22-2005 07:44 AM

The concepts of "Not trying to" and "being" aren't mutually exclusive...