Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   What are your favourite GA fishies? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2379)

wimplefish 05-01-2004 03:31 AM

What are your favourite GA fishies?

Mine are Cali and Oreo. :)

Henning 05-01-2004 05:43 PM

Mine are Ginger and Oreo

Happy swimming

klyntun 05-01-2004 07:18 PM

The five that I usually have in my tank are Oreo, Algernon, Ginger, Jack, and Morgan.

Falz 05-02-2004 07:43 PM

Ginger and Freida!

I think Ginger is just about everyone's favourite. It just looks so cool! But I love Freida even though it's the smallest and probably the plainest, just because it's cute and small and has a nice swimming style.

klyntun 05-02-2004 07:54 PM

If Freida was closer to the size of my favourite five, I'd have her in the tank most of the time too. :) Or if three Freidas counted as one selection. >>hint hint Eric and Reichart<<

wimplefish 05-02-2004 10:30 PM

Ginger is nice, but I would definitely pick Oreo over Ginger. Same with Monstro. I think Freida is too small and Moby has such an ugly face.

Panthera 05-02-2004 11:29 PM

My favorite fish are Monstro and Cali. Those are the only two I have in my tank.. well 3 Monstro and 2 Cali.

Marsh Marigold 05-03-2004 07:03 AM

Oreo, Cali, Jack, Minnie, & Morgan. Frieda is cute but I wish her tail was more in proportion.

I'm in the minority - I don't care for Ginger. Her tail is horrible. She would be my favorite if she didn't have that crunched-looking curve in her tail, it makes me think she's been kept in a too-small tank and couldn't spread out and grow properly. :)

This in no way detracts from my enjoyment of this so very excellent saver, GREAT WORK!

I am very interested in seeing the new goldfish hinted at earlier...

FishieLova 06-04-2004 05:11 AM

I have two tanks. One is 7litre tank and the other is a 4litre tank. Midgey (my fish) is in the small tank because it ripped Harry's (my lil bro's fish) fin and tail in half. Poor harry now has half a tail and half a fin. I put my fishie alone. Harry is with Ticklez (my other lil bro's fish) in the 7litre tank. They seem happy. They're all very cute. As soon as I find my digital camera I'm going to print out photos of them and stick em everywhere!! That's how proud i am!! But I have a question, when fishie go to the top and suck in bubbles, does it mean they need more oxygen in their water?

FishieLova 06-04-2004 05:16 AM

I've been reading your replies. It isn't very fair to judge a fish by it's face or tail or whatever. I'm not saying you can't have an opinion on your fish, I'm just giving you my opinion but as you know, Harry has half a tail...I still love him to bits even tho he's not mine!

Jav400 06-04-2004 05:30 AM

erm, you do realize that we are not talking about real fish? These are in a screensaver. :)

FishieLova 06-04-2004 05:33 AM

haha! Told you I'm new! I think...Yea anyway I'm new. I found this website on google and I thought you were al talking bout real fish. I found this website while i was searching for solutions for my fishie problem. My apologies!

drfish 06-04-2004 05:38 AM

Many of us here are able to give good advice about real fish, most of us however are better suited to dealing with electronic ones. ;)

Marian Nichols 06-04-2004 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by FishieLova
I have two tanks. One is 7litre tank and the other is a 4litre tank. Midgey (my fish) is in the small tank because it ripped Harry's (my lil bro's fish) fin and tail in half. Poor harry now has half a tail and half a fin. I put my fishie alone. Harry is with Ticklez (my other lil bro's fish) in the 7litre tank. They seem happy. They're all very cute. As soon as I find my digital camera I'm going to print out photos of them and stick em everywhere!! That's how proud i am!! But I have a question, when fishie go to the top and suck in bubbles, does it mean they need more oxygen in their water?
,Welcome to the forum,
When ever you see fish, except for the betas and gourami, hanging at the surface they are definitely in stress from lack of oxygen in the lower region of the tank. They are sucking in air along with the water to oxygenate the water before it passes over the gills. An immediate partial water change is most likely needed, and then provides extra aeration with an air stone. If it is goldfish, do not use a heater in the tank, goldfish are coldwater fish and warm water does not hold as much oxygen as will cold water. Hope this helps.

FishieLova 06-04-2004 06:38 AM

Thanks ALOT. It did help. My mum said the same thing!

fishcube 08-30-2004 09:36 AM

How about having some different species of goldfish? such as one with out the butterfly tails. Such as comets. how about some orandas?

feldon34 08-30-2004 12:11 PM

Frieda is a comet, no?

Marian Nichols 08-30-2004 03:13 PM

Yes, Frieda is a comet.

fishcube 08-30-2004 04:57 PM

Frieda looks like 3 fin tail to me..but I'm looking at the pics online, since I'm trying out the demo.

Marian Nichols 08-30-2004 05:44 PM

A three-fin tail, I don't quite follow you.

It is a single tail, or caudal fin that is deeply fork. That is the trademark of a comet goldfish, with a slim body.

There is no doubling of fins as are in the fantail goldfish.
The comet can be very beautiful especially should you fine one with very long and flowing fins from the tail to the body fins. They are very hardy and do great in outside ponds.

They come in the same variety of colors as your more fancy goldfish.