Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   About that surprise.... (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4895)

Dale 05-22-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 113594)
Pat - the new fish models and movement are next.

I thought perhaps it would be bug fixes, SereneScreen website improvements,
and documentation improvements.

But perhaps
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=4896
"two jobs to finish up on the Aquarium itself (one small and one big), then I'll turn my attention to website matters. "... referred to the fish models and movement as the big job.

Jim, I appreciate that you would much prefer just doing the artistic part - and that you don't like programming - and that the Prolific/SereneScreen folks are "too busy".

And I appreciate that the limited number of folks who frequent this "test forum" have a strong preference for features.

But in my opinion a buggy, undocumented, hard-to-identify-updates, product isn't going to get the sales and reputation that the artistry deserves.

[Just the opinion of one beta tester]

harris 05-22-2009 11:36 AM

Please excuse my lack of marine knowledge...does a real Feather Duster "crawl" or are they imbedded in the coral/rock?

Thanks.

Isabeau 05-22-2009 11:58 AM

Very Nice Jim, very pleased with you're work. can't wait for the fish.

Isabeau
Dordrecht Holland

Jim Sachs 05-22-2009 01:09 PM

Dale - Yes, the new fish models/movement is the Big Job I was referring to. Dreaded it for years, but the time has come.

harris - Feather Dusters, like all tubeworms, live in a hard, permanent tube which slowly grows in length due to secretions from the animal. (But in this case, it doesn't grow.)

henemly - You're hallucinating :(

dwax 05-22-2009 03:14 PM

Great surprise Jim! Looking better every time! Thank you. :) Prolific should advertise about the live coral and clams. :)

Mith 05-22-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 113594)
Pat - the new fish models and movement are next.

When you do the fish movements Jim... I will NEVER ask for another thing!!!!! EVER! The screen saver WILL be PERFECT! :TU:

Dale 05-22-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 113605)
Dale - Yes, the new fish models/movement is the Big Job I was referring to. Dreaded it for years, but the time has come.
:(

Understood.

pogona 05-23-2009 05:19 AM

I would prefer watching the evolution of the new fish models step by step, by updates, than have to wait 6 months to see all of it done. Or arenīt you happy to enjoy the betas before the final release?

Jim Sachs 05-23-2009 10:20 AM

I will be releasing them in stages as I get them done. Some are easier than others.

Nicki 05-23-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 113629)
I will be releasing them in stages as I get them done. Some are easier than others.

That is good news . Otherwise we would all wither away from withdrawal :p .

Jim Sachs 05-23-2009 10:51 AM

Some people complain about the updates - they want to wait until everything is "finished" before downloading. I'm just the opposite. I also check my mailbox every couple of days, instead of waiting until everyone in the world is finished sending me mail.

Mikey242 05-23-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 113631)
Some people complain about the updates - they want to wait until everything is "finished" before downloading. I'm just the opposite. I also check my mailbox every couple of days, instead of waiting until everyone in the world is finished sending me mail.

Haha, love the analogy!

Very much looking forward to the new models etc.

Yodelking 05-23-2009 02:37 PM

So, Jim... Which fish is gonna be first? After it's re-modelled will we get it directly with old movement or will you first have to code the new movement for it?

Jim Sachs 05-23-2009 03:23 PM

I haven't decided yet, but it could be one of the Lionfish. They already have working mouths and gills, so the transition will be easier.

Nicki 05-23-2009 03:42 PM

My guess would be clownfish or damsel fish . Something that's not too flat and without trailing fins . I'm looking forward to the new movement . I'll bet that once the fish are able to interact with the background we'll see that it is a lot more '3D' than it appears now .

Edit - nm . lol .

jroseone 05-23-2009 11:54 PM

Pretty cool Jim, the feather duster looks great!

I do wish however that it and the clams retracted/closed at full speed though. :erm:

Yodelking 05-23-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 113641)
My guess would be clownfish or damsel fish .

As the clownfish is supposed to interract with the anemone far right, my guess is that the clownfish will be done very late...

pogona 05-24-2009 08:32 AM

it would be nice to see in the future groupes of worms with diferent size and colours.

Jim Sachs 05-24-2009 09:42 AM

Yes, that would be nice.

Socrates 05-24-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jroseone (Post 113644)
Pretty cool Jim, the feather duster looks great!

I do wish however that it and the clams retracted/closed at full speed though. :erm:

I'm with this sentiment.