Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Marine Aquarium 3 Comments & Appreciation (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4382)

Dabombguyman 05-27-2009 02:32 PM

Ok, thanks. Good thing there's a Beta.

BTW: Great job Jim. :)

Jim Sachs 05-27-2009 03:18 PM

Someone hasn't been paying attention...:)

Rusty C. 06-09-2009 08:14 PM

Vertical Sync Cpu Fan Speed

10b working fine. Excellent job Jim. One thing I do notice though is that under the display settings when wait for vertical sync is checked I'm limited to 60 fps, and fan speed is slow, and quiet. When wait for vertical sync is unchecked, and the sleep mode is set at 30 the fps is 30 fan is at high speed. Maximum fps sleep 0 is 375 fps fan is still at high speed. So it appears that vertical sync enabled is a good thing, but I'm limited to 60 fps. Just something I noticed, and I thought I would pass on. Can't wait to see whats next. Thank you so much for your hard work, and dedication to this project, and hobby. Sincerely Rusty C.:D

Vista Ultimate
Hp Pavilion Media Center m8067c
Intel 2 core duo
Nvidia GeForce 7600-Gt
2 Gig Ram
:)

Jim Sachs 06-10-2009 08:30 AM

That's the way vertical sync is supposed to work. After completing the building of a frame, the program waits until the next vertical refresh of the monitor to display it. So the maximum frame rate it could ever achieve is the monitor refresh rate (usually 60 hz).

luv.swans 06-11-2009 11:55 AM

I'm a newbie to this site, however, not new to the SereneScreen Aquarium. I have had it as my only screensaver since the first one, way, way, back then have updated to each new version...
I LOVE IT AND THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK AND IMAGINATIVE INNOVATIONS....just found the answer to my starfish question on another thread so thanks again....

enigma63941 06-11-2009 06:22 PM

Lets start a poll on which fish Jim should do first! How about the easiest one first and then we could see it in the aquarium sooner rather than later.

henemly 06-11-2009 06:52 PM

Good idea, but Jim has never been swayed by public opinion.

Wizwad 06-12-2009 05:40 AM

Having an opinion is not enough. You have to put forward a persuasive and well reasoned argument as to why the opinion is a good one. Then - maybe! :D

jleslie 06-12-2009 12:36 PM

Actually Rusty's point is an interesting one - why is Sleep 30 causing more fan activity than vsync? The latter is drawing twice as many frames?
John

F34R 06-23-2009 06:56 AM

just wanted to say thanks for the ss.. it has always been my fav. I showed my appreciation by purchasing, upgrading from 2.6 (i think).

Jim Sachs 06-23-2009 10:05 AM

Thanks, F34R!

H2ODragonLPN 06-27-2009 03:39 PM

Well Done.

First let me say, thank you so much Jim. When I moved up to a Vista 64 bit OS I really missed my tanks. Your creations are by far the best I have seen and as a result owned. Your attention to detail is to be applauded.

With the MA3 Beta at least I have my marine tank back and I can not wait to see the finished product. However I do miss my freshwater tank now, but hey I am grateful for what I have. Honest.

ESHIREY 06-28-2009 09:30 AM

I would like to Welcome you to the forum. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/m...ilder/s006.gif

luv.swans 06-29-2009 11:19 AM

upgrades

as a long-time lover of SS aquairum, it is my only scr. saver and having just recently upgraded to MA3 I wanted to tell you it has been a mental health vacation for me. Having just recovered from a fractured knee cap and spending a lot of time sitting with elevated leg, I spent lots of hours watching your creation for which I will be eternally grateful and I just learned I need wrist surgery so will be watching again for extended periods of time for a while....so naturally I am quite interested in when or how new developments will be released...as upgrade all at once or as updates.
IF this has already been discussed sorry for asking again, looked thru lots of posts and didn't see it....love being able to see framework too!

THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK, keeps this 70 yr old lady entertained on bad days.

Jav400 06-29-2009 12:02 PM

Sorry to hear about your trials lately and we hope that you get through them well. :)

As for the updates, any time Jim has something new for everyone to see a new version will be announced in this thread. Keep an eye out there and when something shows up plenty of discussion will probably be happening as well.

As for the rest, I think I have seen you playing in our arcade at times :TU:. I hope you are enjoying the games and that they help to pass the time. That's what they are there for. :)

Again, best wishes for your recovery................

Jim Sachs 06-29-2009 01:26 PM

Welcome to the Forum, luv.swans.

I'm currently working on new 3D models for all the fish, which will be necessary for more elaborate movements. I always dreaded doing this, and it is proving to be just as difficult as I thought it would. Also, the fan on my video card went out a couple of days ago. A new one is on the way, but for now I'm limited to just having the computer on for a few minutes at a time.

ESHIREY 06-29-2009 06:11 PM

WOW. No matter how you slice it, that sucks. What you can do in the mean time is take the side of your case off and have a fan blowing in your case. I had to do that a while ago when my cpu fan died. That's when I went to water cooled.

Jim Sachs 06-29-2009 07:20 PM

Water-cooled - that's a good idea. I'll go get the hose...

cjmaddy 06-30-2009 02:51 AM

Don't suppose you've tried oil on the fan bearing? ;) ... Works every time for me...

Wizwad 06-30-2009 05:24 AM

I did that, but it's only a short term solution. The fan's still coughing at me every now and again.

Meanwhile, I'm intrigued at the idea of Jim installing a hose into his PC. Does this mean he's gonna have fish swimming around his household water supply now?