Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Goldfish Aquarium 2 and Windows 10 (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25674)

Jim Sachs 07-02-2016 08:20 PM

Will do.

Jeremy 07-02-2016 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 157169)
Will do.

Thanks!

Jim Sachs 07-03-2016 10:33 PM

Eric says he'll fix it with the next update. He's got his hands full lately with his new job in Disney's Imagineering Department.

Ralph 07-04-2016 06:47 AM

The Goldfish SS is still getting updates.. really?

cjmaddy 07-04-2016 08:03 AM

Well, - He did say "Imagineering Department" ... ;)

Merlot 07-05-2016 06:16 AM

It should be getting updates! It's really cool.

Jeremy 07-12-2016 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 157173)
Eric says he'll fix it with the next update. He's got his hands full lately with his new job in Disney's Imagineering Department.

Thanks Jim. I look very much forward to the Eric's updates and running his goldfish aquarium in windows 10. His day job has to come first but I do hope it won't take too long.

When you speak with him please thank him for us.

Polson 07-12-2016 08:36 AM

Does Eric have the same for Mac?

Ralph 07-13-2016 06:45 AM

Sounds like there is some false hope being spread here re the Gold Fish Screen saver. You all have a better chance at winning the lottery than getting an update on any of the Prolific screen savers. And, sadly, the same probably applies to the SS screen saver as well. Time moves on and the screensaver market is just not what it was.

cjmaddy 07-13-2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph (Post 157185)
Sounds like there is some false hope being spread here re the Gold Fish Screen saver. You all have a better chance at winning the lottery than getting an update on any of the Prolific screen savers. And, sadly, the same probably applies to the SS screen saver as well. Time moves on and the screensaver market is just not what it was.

Sadly I have to agree!

kaseki 08-07-2016 09:54 AM

Using google search with the "site: feldoncentral.com" parameter will apply the full power of the googleplex to your search. I believe DuckDuckGo also has this capability without tracking you.

kas

Jeremy 09-21-2016 03:25 PM

Because modern screens don't need screensavers, I also think it's true that the screensaver market is not what it used to be. However, ninety nine percent of screensavers on the web are also not worth having, even as a gift. To me, the Serene Screen aquarium and the Goldfish aquarium are a lot more than screensavers and are very desirable to run and enjoy as what they are, aquariums.
As for upgrades, the Goldfish aquarium has needed no upgrades. As it is it has too many features. However, with the release of Windows 10, it doesn't display properly on it and it does need an update that I hope is coming soon.

Jeremy 09-07-2017 01:39 AM

It's almost a year after Eric promised an update to the Goldfish Aquarium, but it hasn't come. Was it an empty promise or does he intend to update it?

Ralph 09-07-2017 07:19 AM

Since your join date 2002.. there have been many promises.. Prolific does not have a good track record for keeping any of them.

Wizwad 09-07-2017 12:13 PM

To be fair, Eric probably did originally mean to do an update, but either his family life got in the way or it was pointed out to him that it wasn't worth the time and effort it would take him.
Whatever happened, I think we can safely say this one is D E D dead. And Sharks. And Flags.

Jeremy 09-07-2017 12:33 PM

For me, Goldfish Aquarium displays as letterbox only, with a black screen section on the bottom and top of it. Have you guys been able to configure it to fill the entire screen in Windows 10?

Ralph 09-08-2017 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizwad (Post 157825)
To be fair, Eric probably did originally mean to do an update, but either his family life got in the way or it was pointed out to him that it wasn't worth the time and effort it would take him.
Whatever happened, I think we can safely say this one is D E D dead. And Sharks. And Flags.

There have been many well meaning promises in the development of screen savers.. Sadly, time.. family.. changing consumer demand / expectations.. programming complexities have all contributed to the end of screen savers upgrades. :sad: