Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Marine Aquarium 3.3 (Windows) (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25697)

Ti10app 01-09-2016 09:06 PM

Marine Aquarium 3.3 (Windows)

I've seen announcements about MA3.3 but on the Prolific Publishing website it still shows MA3.2 even though my updated version now shows build v506.3.3.6041!

feldon34 01-10-2016 04:03 PM

I've updated the notice.

henemly 02-05-2016 10:47 AM

Still looks the same: (3.2)

http://i65.tinypic.com/21mx9hf.jpg

feldon34 02-05-2016 10:02 PM

Yeah I don't have control over SereneScreen. if I did I would have updated it a decade ago.

NitroStar 03-06-2016 08:10 PM

So is there a 3.3 update from 3.2?? If so, how do we get it? I still love SereneScreen. Run it all the time :)

Jim Sachs 03-08-2016 01:23 AM

The file on the site is v3.3. Run it, press the S key, and you will see. I don't have the keys to the site, so I can't change the text.

Ralph 03-08-2016 07:25 AM

I think Prolific lost the keys to the site as well ..:D

The Old Man 05-14-2016 04:53 AM

Hi,

Just returned to ensure I have the latest version, any add-ons etc and its a little confusing. (Appreciate you can't update the SereneScene site, its sad that they don't care, I wish you could bin them off and sell it via this site!)

Anyway, for feedback, I headed over to the announcement and the first post at the top says which gives the impression that's the latest version and says v3.1, followed by lots of beta versions, and then the final post at the bottom directs you to v3.1 over at SereneScreen, which is apparently v3.3 (?).

It could probably do with some Admin love, perhaps a pinned topic or announcement containing links and details on the defacto latest version (this is the download you're looking for!), and perhaps a section of other links or archived beta links and what they are etc.

Anyway, thanks as always, I'm off to enjoy the aquarium!

Kind regards.

feldon34 05-14-2016 11:04 AM

This is Marine Aquarium 3.3:
https://prolific.s3.amazonaws.com/Ma...eAquarium3.exe

Murff 10-22-2017 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Old Man (Post 157099)
Hi,

Just wanted to mention Best Penis Extenders and returned to ensure I have the latest version, any add-ons etc and its a little confusing. (Appreciate you can't update the SereneScene site, its sad that they don't care, I wish you could bin them off and sell it via this site!)

Anyway, for feedback, I headed over to the announcement and the first post at the top says which gives the impression that's the latest version and says v3.1, followed by lots of beta versions, and then the final post at the bottom directs you to v3.1 over at SereneScreen, which is apparently v3.3 (?).

It could probably do with some Admin love, perhaps a pinned topic or announcement containing links and details on the defacto latest version (this is the download you're looking for!), and perhaps a section of other links or archived beta links and what they are etc.

Anyway, thanks as always, I'm off to enjoy the aquarium!

Kind regards.

Thanks Feldon, I've been looking everywhere for the latest version!

feldon34 11-08-2017 11:37 AM

Another year of early 2000's web design on SereneScreen.com.

whodathunkit 12-31-2017 10:27 PM

Hello group - first time poster and lover of this screensaver. I have a new computer which has the latest version of Windows 10 on it. I want to use this screensaver. I downloaded https://prolific.s3.amazonaws.com/Ma...eAquarium3.exe but it says I need a passkey. Do I go to the serene site and pay $19.99 (I think) for it? Is that the best option? The last time I bought this was on my XP computer and I bought the disk LOL. Overjoyed I came across this as an option for my new computer. Any help is appreciated.

fly911 06-25-2018 06:01 AM

Question: I just purchased an ultra wide screen monitor (2560 x 1080) 21:9 aspect ratio. Marine Aquarium 3 just stretched the picture to fill the screen. My MA3 settings were on "Automatic" as this aspect ratio wasn't listed in the settings menu. When I went to resolution settings on my computer, this resolution wasn't listed, nor was any resolution settings with that aspect ratio. Does anyone have any ideas to try before I return it to Best Buy? I'm even up for buying a new computer to make it work, if it is possible to get MA3 to display properly on a 21:9 wide screen. I run MA3 continuously 24/7 and I would love to display it full screen. The monitor is an LG 34WK500. Any ideas?

Jim Sachs 06-27-2018 12:23 AM

I've never tried it on anything with that aspect ratio. The fact that that resolution does not show up in Display settings is why the Aquarium just gave up and stretched the image. We get our settings from the same list. Was it displaying the entire aquarium background, and just stretching it a little more? What the Aquarium should attempt to do is fill the horizontal resolution with the full background by 'zooming in' which would result in cutting a little bit off the top, but the proper aspect ratio for the objects.

drfish 06-27-2018 04:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
21:9 works fine in my experience. Either by choosing the resolution specifically, or just leaving the setting to automatic. I can confirm that 2560x1080 and 3440x1440 display perfectly in 3.3.

It sounds like you aren't able to get the right resolution at all, even on the Windows desktop. Are you using a DisplayPort cable? I would make sure you are using that instead of HDMI first.

fly911 06-27-2018 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 158031)
I've never tried it on anything with that aspect ratio. The fact that that resolution does not show up in Display settings is why the Aquarium just gave up and stretched the image. We get our settings from the same list. Was it displaying the entire aquarium background, and just stretching it a little more? What the Aquarium should attempt to do is fill the horizontal resolution with the full background by 'zooming in' which would result in cutting a little bit off the top, but the proper aspect ratio for the objects.

Hi Jim. The picture is identical to the normal HD 16:9 screen except stretched. I still can pan all the way right and left. Dr. Fish (Below) gives me hope. Perhaps I won't return the monitor to Best Buy and keep working it until I get it right. I will get a display port cable and try that. Thanks Doc. I want to make sure I have the correct Graphics card. Doc, which card are you using? Thanks Jim and Doc. I will keep you posted. I love the aquarium. I will try to download MA3.3 but when I do, I get a pop-up that says something like "Insert a later disc" or something like that. I will try more stuff and let you know. Thank you!

fly911 06-27-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drfish (Post 158032)
21:9 works fine in my experience. Either by choosing the resolution specifically, or just leaving the setting to automatic. I can confirm that 2560x1080 and 3440x1440 display perfectly in 3.3.

It sounds like you aren't able to get the right resolution at all, even on the Windows desktop. Are you using a DisplayPort cable? I would make sure you are using that instead of HDMI first.

Doc, this monitor LG - 34WK500-P 34 only has two HDMI ports. What model monitor are you using, if you don't mind me asking.

jestrada@prolificpub 06-27-2018 01:37 PM

We just launched an updated version of the website. Please check it out and let us know if you find any problems!

drfish 06-27-2018 07:19 PM

I run my system with a 980 Ti. Can you try manually setting the refresh rate to 60 Hz and then see if it lets you choose 2560x1080 in Windows? What is your video card BTW? I've messed with these purported 75 Hz LGs before and they can be fiddly...

fly911 06-28-2018 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drfish (Post 158037)
I run my system with a 980 Ti. Can you try manually setting the refresh rate to 60 Hz and then see if it lets you choose 2560x1080 in Windows? What is your video card BTW? I've messed with these purported 75 Hz LGs before and they can be fiddly...

Doc, I have INTEL (R) HD GRRAPHICS 4600. The more I tinker, the more I think that it's my computer limitations. I'll find out soon.
Thanks.