Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Ugly antlers in the middle of beautiful coral (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4756)

Jeremy 02-08-2009 12:58 PM

Ugly antlers in the middle of beautiful coral

Question: Will there be any control over the coral background in the final version in addition to more control over the lighting besides F1-4?
Although the rest of the tank to me looks beautiful, my personal preference would be to get rid of the beige/brown coral in the middle of the tank that resembles ugly antlers dominating over beautiful coral.

Jim Sachs 02-08-2009 01:23 PM

Nope.

Nicki 02-08-2009 01:30 PM

I like the antlers . They are very deer to me . Sorry . But I do like them .

Jim Sachs 02-08-2009 01:40 PM

Like virtually everything in the tank, it's vital to the overall design. It provides height and an overhang, a place for future invertebrates to crawl, and will eventually cast a shadow on fish that pass underneath.

grape_jellyfish 02-08-2009 11:25 PM

Please keep the antlers, virtual species need a home too. :)

Jeremy 02-09-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 110609)
I like the antlers . They are very deer to me . Sorry . But I do like them .

I must admit I also like antlers very very much. That is, on the heads of deer, in the forest, but not growing out of the head of a rock in my aquarium!
Personally I see it as a step backwards from the perfectly balanced design of shapes and colors of the previous version.

feldon34 02-09-2009 03:46 PM

It's not like Jim invented Elkhorn Coral.

http://patricklynch.net/florida-keys...ing-lynch.html

cjmaddy 02-09-2009 03:56 PM

Keep the Elkhorn.

Jim Sachs 02-09-2009 04:07 PM

No way would I ever give up the Elkhorn. It's one of my favorite parts of the tank, and the only thing that really spreads out to give it a reef-like quality.

Ralph 02-09-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 110684)
I must admit I also like antlers very very much. That is, on the heads of deer, in the forest, but not growing out of the head of a rock in my aquarium!
Personally I see it as a step backwards from the perfectly balanced design of shapes and colors of the previous version.

On the head of a deer these would look very silly... The "aquarium" is trying to mimic as much as possible what the real thing looks like... Go diving and you will see "antlers" that look very much like those in the SS.. :)

snorkler 02-09-2009 07:42 PM

I could live without some of the more "colorful" items in the tank - the elkhorn is beautiful! should be more!
All we need is animation for the live corals, anemone, clams etc. Can hardly wait!

Michael

Jim Sachs 02-09-2009 08:52 PM

Me, too - I wish someone would hurry up with all that!

Jeremy 02-09-2009 11:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph (Post 110714)
On the head of a deer these would look very silly... The "aquarium" is trying to mimic as much as possible what the real thing looks like... Go diving and you will see "antlers" that look very much like those in the SS.. :)

I'm glad you like the tank and it gives you pleasure as is. It's just my personal opinion that it's not as attractive as the previous version. However, regarding diving and realism, then I suggest you take a look at AquaReal, in which nothing looks artificially arranged. Below is just one of six choices of available realistic looking backgrounds.

Jim Sachs 02-09-2009 11:29 PM

I suggest you go with that one.

grape_jellyfish 02-09-2009 11:52 PM

The coral looks nice Jeremy but there is something that just doesn't look right, to me it looks like there is a blue wall, making it seem like someone put coral on the outside of their tank as well as on the inside. Maybe it's just me but that's how I perceive it.

Jeremy 02-09-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 110727)
I suggest you go with that one.

For me it's not a question of one or the other. I've had that version of AquaReal pictured above since it was released, as I love its realistic looking ocean backgrounds. As an aquarium tank however, yours is brilliant and it's always been my favorite. There's just something about the elkhorn in this new version that evokes strong feelings of dislike, so I will continue enjoying your previous version until you may hopefully add an additional background to choose from.

Jim Sachs 02-10-2009 12:29 AM

Once I went to Paris, where I pointed out to the citizens what a lovely city it would be if not for that ugly metal tower. I showed them a picture of San Bernardino, California, which has no tower, but they still seemed unreceptive to the idea of tearing it down. They suggested that I go live in San Bernardino.

The majestic Elkhorn will always stand tall.

Rob62 02-10-2009 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 110730)
Once I went to Paris, where I pointed out to the citizens what a lovely city it would be if not for that ugly metal tower. I showed them a picture of San Bernardino, California, which has no tower, but they still seemed unreceptive to the idea of tearing it down. They suggested that I go live in San Bernardino.

The majestic Elkhorn will always stand tall.

Jim - That is just beautiful and an excellent analogy!! For those of us who have had the honor of seeing the maturation of this artwork develop - that chunk of majestic Elkhorn has found a home in MA3, long may it stay... ~ God Bless All ~

Overlord 02-10-2009 02:02 AM

You can't satisfy all of the people all of the time. I checked out the Dream Aquarium. I'm sorry but I don't like it. Will they change all the things I don't like to get me to buy it? Yeah right, hold your breath! This is Jim's baby and he still tries to bend over backwards for all of his fans. Please don't push him over the edge. He knows what he's doing and what he wants.

grape_jellyfish 02-10-2009 02:40 AM

Listen, you don't tug on Superman's cape, something about not spitting in the wind, you leave the mask on the lone ranger, and above all, you DON"T mess around with Jim.

No, no, no, no.