Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What brings you back to the forum? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1672)

patscarr 06-19-2011 02:37 PM

Are you still working off that model freshwater fish tank you had set up way back when? I believe there is a picture of it around here somewhere, but I can't find it.

Jim Sachs 06-19-2011 04:45 PM

Mark - New models, new movement. Some interaction with the background objects.

Patrick - Yes, that environment (more or less) will be incorporated into the much wider 3D background.

ESHIREY 06-19-2011 07:03 PM

Cool..............

jleslie 06-20-2011 12:27 PM

The more interesting question is whether they will have any behaviour?

Wizwad 06-20-2011 06:02 PM

I was reading the 'new movement' to imply that new behaviour will also be involved. (Woohoo!) :)

Jim Sachs 06-20-2011 11:46 PM

Yep.

patscarr 03-23-2016 11:25 AM

Getting to know everyone here was great, and this forum really had a life of its own, back in its heyday, with so many people visiting everyday, talking about themselves, it was always a nice getaway from the news while surfing the web. I miss it.

ESHIREY 03-23-2016 04:05 PM

So do I buddy............. I really do miss it.

Ralph 03-24-2016 07:00 AM

It is still part of my morning routine to check the forum.. But with the dominant theme of the forum.. SS screen saver development kind of on indefinite hold.. the hub of the attraction has faded away. :(

drfish 03-24-2016 10:46 AM

I check a few times a day, not much action though. I hoped my Stardew Valley thread would get a discussion going but no such luck. I started a new project recently that might be of interest here, if people want to talk about it I'll put it in its own thread. I've got lots of Ellie updates to catch people up on I'm sure, but a lot can be gathered from the pictures in the gallery that I still update every month or so.

feldon34 03-24-2016 12:06 PM

Making sure it's not on fire.

cjmaddy 03-24-2016 05:10 PM

I also check in a number of times most days. - Perhaps I may try to revive the 'What is it?' thread? :)

Ralph 03-25-2016 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drfish (Post 157028)
I started a new project recently that might be of interest here, if people want to talk about it

An interesting project indeed. I had a go at hydroponics years ago, on one level :D
Off hand to get past those complicated issues like gravity you need a separate pump for each level. Or.. use one pump to raise the water to a reservoir of sorts and then feed each level by gravity from that source. You could use a float type of switch to keep the reservoir full..

My hydroponics project ended with the realization that Safeway was more dependable, cheaper and not as messy.

MrBob 07-01-2016 09:54 PM

Checking in

I have been gone a looong while. As Ive been browsing through the forums here I've seen a lot of names I remembered.. Jim Sachs of course, and Morgan's too. Then Patrick, TT, CJmaddy, DrFish, and many more. Was like a trip back to a long lost neighborhood! Or walking into the old corner pub and seeing my old mates having drinks with their ladies:D

I came here because of my iPhone of all things. I had to replace it, (got sat on or something) and when I was updating my apps, I noticed the MA SCR on my iphone and though I should come back to the source and check things out.

I subsequently found this thread and was compelled to say hello to you all and see how many remember me. Patrick, I already sent you an email, so no cheating. Here are a few hints, lets see who picks up on it...

Lived in Phoenix, AZ. Moved to NC. Retired USAF. Lived in England and Korea. My last avatar I can remember having on this site was one of Jim's characters from Defender of the Crown (Eric the Wolfe I think was his name).

I'm sure Im remembered by some, but in the USAF I was also in the habbit of staying unseen, and not sticking out. We had a saying, "its never a good thing when the Commander see's you on the street and remembers your name"

Take care all, be seeing you again around these parts I think.

Bob

Jim Sachs 07-02-2016 12:28 AM

Welcome back, Bob!

patscarr 07-02-2016 07:33 AM

Of course I remember you, Bob, by your old user name, however I never would have guessed from your description above. :) Sadly, The SereneScreen Fan Forum has seen better days. Very few of us still check in these days, and posts are far and few between. Glad to see youre back! I don't think the Android version of MA3 is working yet, but the Apple version might be. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

ESHIREY 07-03-2016 02:41 PM

Welcome back Bob.