Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What brings you back to the forum? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1672)

PaulsPics 02-24-2004 11:49 PM

Patrick Thanks

Thanks Patrick,
Yup . hope to drop in time to time , I have just posted in length on the other thread " why have you returned" . I give more details there as to abscence and limited times to visit.
regards
Paul Sydney

kona001 03-04-2004 09:27 PM

I came back because I saw that 2.01 was released with Jim's new versions of the old/new fish from before. (if that makes sense lol) And I have to say, I like what Jim did with the Squarespot. All of them look much more realistic.

Electronic Punk 04-06-2004 06:27 AM

The chicks bring me back ;p

Marian Nichols 04-06-2004 06:51 AM

What chicks? I see no chicks.:confused:

Electronic Punk 04-06-2004 07:08 AM

oh :s

Marian Nichols 04-06-2004 07:58 AM

:D

Jav400 04-06-2004 07:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hows this?

Electronic Punk 04-06-2004 08:15 AM

OOh, there we go.

GMarowski 04-06-2004 01:43 PM

While I spend a lot of time lurking here, I do enjoy this forum more than any other I belong to. The main reason is the people. I know it's been said before, but I too feel that people here are open, honest and adult with their opinions. I appreciate that. I also enjoy starting my day reading what I missed the day before. Thanks to all that make it happen!

Tony Brewer 05-21-2004 09:54 PM

Help!

Need support!

Marian Nichols 05-22-2004 04:44 AM

Laugher, Information, People, and Entertainment, but not necessarily in that order. :TU: :) ;) :artist: :cool:

nick c 05-23-2004 11:37 PM

I look for updates. Or discussions of updates. Or ideas for updates (the wish list). I love how this program/art has evolved and I look forward to the upgrades. And the technical discussions. And Jim's one-liners.

ESHIREY 05-24-2004 11:57 AM

I keep coming back because this is my second home . Even if I don't post alot everyday I am here everyday . :TU:

Marian Nichols 05-24-2004 03:39 PM

I and my alter ego love it here. i

I have no life.
I am bored.
No one to talk to.
I am very nosey.
Can't get along with live people.
I think there really is cyber out there, (that's where the spirits live)
I am glued to my chair
Someone stole my car.
But thank God the house isn't burning, then I guess I would have to leave.

:D

klyntun 05-24-2004 09:33 PM

I think everyone here is live, though there is no sure way to confirm that. I know that occasionally the forum does seem a little dead, but then someone posts to liven it up. ;)

Marsh Marigold 05-25-2004 09:10 AM

Sorry about your car, Marian! :D :D :D

Surferminn 06-12-2004 10:31 PM

This is my first forum so I don't have anything else to compare it to. I have noticed that yes, I do seem to keep coming back -- don't know if that is normal or healthy. but back to the question

what brings me back -- I like the community. I like the support and communication that is given -- both on a technical and nontechnical level. I like the dedication, friendliness and commitment of the administrators M&M. I like that I get to practice my nominal social skills by making contact with strangers. I find myself humbled to be respectful of those willing to be vulnerable and share personal information and pictures. Is this a trick question --am I going to get booted off if I give a wrong answer or not the right one? I like that there is opening for newbies to show up out of the blue and start a thread, post, visit, pass through, join the community. Mostly because I am new to surfing internet, computers, aol, etc.. and this forum seems to be a safe space port in the internet to dock in while I grow my computer surfing space fins. meeting new people, actually having fun in some posts, exposure to new things, expanding my horizons. a rich resource of a special group of people gathered together in one location. I didn't know forums were like this. there's a place for people who are not hard core fishies or techies like myself. only fish I own are in Jim's aquarium..... and those that I caught and contributed to the museum in gamecube's animal crossing.

This report is based on less than 2 weeks experience and first impressions. an update might be warranted after a longer period of time...

klyntun 06-13-2004 12:00 AM

It's a great group of people here, Surferminn. Glad you've decided to join us.

Marian Nichols 06-13-2004 04:17 AM

Ditto here, we all were newbie at one time, and we all felt the welcome and continue to come back.:TU:

Surferminn 06-13-2004 08:32 AM

thanks. I'm a bit embarrassed by the coming back part. almost like an addictive new video game that you want to play first thing in the morning when you wake up. I am waiting for this to normalize over time.
:o