Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Are any of our Goldfish users on the Tiger seed list? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2968)

stinkyFish 10-07-2005 07:36 AM

the tweaking of gravel

i agree with your "poke me in the eye with a stick" comment...but even though i would NEVER put brightly colored gravel in my tank ("nothing prettier than the fish" is my motto)...real or digital...this is about having a product that pleases your customers.

"gee whiz" stuff like this should always take a backseat to real bugfixes and functional improvements, but i don't see why a gravel color slider isn't possible. you've set the bar for lifelike aquarium screensavers, and now that you have some competition in that arena, why not add some more customizability? in the computer biz, "custom" is the key word in customer. we want it our way. :nag:

a possible method would be to use light gray gravel so one can get highlights and shadows, mask it out from the other elements (rocks, plants), and then put in some simple color/brightness sliders.

feldon34 10-07-2005 11:24 AM

A gravel color slider is difficult because of color saturation and luminosity. You can't recreate every possible color with one set of artwork.

stinkyFish 10-07-2005 11:41 AM

oh, i'm sure not every color is possible and a solution may not be photo-perfect. but i think your users would certainly enjoy the variety!

i AM playing "Devil's Advocate" here... i like the gravel the way it is, personally!

Mark Newman 12-18-2005 03:48 PM

Can't Choose the Tank in Goldfish

Jim,

A while back in connection with Marine Aquarium, you were the only person able to help me. Everything with that program works perfectly now.

Today, I bought Goldfish Aquarium and it doesn't work the way it's supposed to. I have an Apple iMac G5 20" computer running OS X 10.4.3. After I bought Goldfish, the first installation attempt didn't work and I then did Repair Permissions and Disk Warrior and restart without my Intego anti virus. The second installation attempt seemed to work except whenever I switch the tank, nothing happens. I get a random tank in the System Preferences preview and another random tank if I go to Test or the actual screen saver. What am I doing wrong? How can I can Goldfish to stick to the tank I choose for the preview, the test, and the actual screensaver?

I remain in your debt. mjnewman@mac.com

JimO'Connor 12-18-2005 03:59 PM

Hi Mark,

Please get in touch with me through the company web site and I'll see what is going on. The prefs are (unfortunately) more complex for Goldfish because of the increased number of features.

Mark Newman 12-18-2005 04:16 PM

Goldfish Tank Now Works--I figured it out.

Never mind my previous message. I just figured it out. If I uncheck Cycle Tank, then everything looks good. mjnewman@mac.com

Jim,

A while back in connection with Marine Aquarium, you were the only person able to help me. Everything with that program works perfectly now.

Today, I bought Goldfish Aquarium and it doesn't work the way it's supposed to. I have an Apple iMac G5 20" computer running OS X 10.4.3. After I bought Goldfish, the first installation attempt didn't work and I then did Repair Permissions and Disk Warrior and restart without my Intego anti virus. The second installation attempt seemed to work except whenever I switch the tank, nothing happens. I get a random tank in the System Preferences preview and another random tank if I go to Test or the actual screen saver. What am I doing wrong? How can I can Goldfish to stick to the tank I choose for the preview, the test, and the actual screensaver?

I remain in your debt. mjnewman@mac.com[/quote]

johnblommers 12-18-2005 04:34 PM

Jim works in mysterious ways

Quote:

Never mind my previous message. I just figured it out. If I uncheck Cycle Tank, then everything looks good.
See how quickly Jim fixes problems?
He just thinks positive thoughts and presto!
He never even breaks into a sweat ;)
His secret? "Think Different."

Seasons greetings SereneScreen-ers ...

- John

jestrada@prolificpub 11-30-2017 01:56 PM

Test

Ralph 12-01-2017 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jestrada@prolificpub (Post 157866)
Test

Worked both times.. even in really old threads :D