Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   no clock in the tank (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4749)

Rick Simon 02-10-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 110759)
Regarding toggling the crystal with a key, no. The crystal defaults to ON, and displays the SereneScreen Logo. That way, when people see it in stores they know what they are looking at.

I can well understand having the crystal default to being on and displaying the SereneScreen logo. Pretty much goes without saying and I never suggested otherwise. I am curious though as to why the default installation settings would preclude having a shortcut key to toggle the crystal and/or logos on and off? Under the same logic, should not the clock and calendar shortcut keys be dropped altogether?

It's your choice of course. I'm just trying to understand the logic of the UI you are developing.

VinceMoll 02-10-2009 11:15 AM

Jim,
I believe in credit where credit is due. I would not be opposed to having your name or another reference to Serenescreen embedded in the gravel at the botton of the screen as in the older versions of Marine Aquarium. This way it wouldn't matter what logo is displayed on the crystal.

rctneil 02-10-2009 11:23 AM

I would prefer having the crystal default to on with the MA3 logo than some writing in the gravel but an keyboard shortcut to turn the crystal off would also be helpful to users who might want to quickly alter the on/off state.

Thanks

Regards,
Neil

Jim Sachs 02-10-2009 11:27 AM

My signature will be embedded in the gravel, when I get around to it.

Old Prop 02-10-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjmaddy (Post 110702)
By default, the user's settings are now most likely to be kept in... C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Application Data\Marine Aquarium 3
That's where my AltLogo.png and MA3Playlist.lst are. - Note that only the Beta9a will currently show the different clocks and calendar.

Ahh. I see now. The issue, if there is one, may something to do with an Installer, which would mean that it has little to do with us here.

After uninstalling both 2.6 and the 3 Beta I had been running (even using sachsremove.reg) and then installing both the commercial version of 3 and the Beta, I found two "MarineAquarium3" entries in my list of screen savers and assumed one of them had to be the Beta.

I failed to notice "SereneScreenMarineAquarium 3 B" farther down in the list: loading that brings up the clock. And putting AltLogo.png into \Application Data\Marine Aquarium 3 makes the alternate logo available.

Why there should have been two instances of "MarineAquarium3" I do not know: obviously the names could not have been identical, and I'm afraid I deleted one before making a note of exactly what it was called.

Jim Sachs 02-10-2009 01:27 PM

That seems to be happening on some systems (two instances of the name). We don't know why.

RayM 02-10-2009 01:42 PM

Hi Jim, I was using Beta9 not 9a. I've downloaded 9a and the clock is there. Thanks for the pointer. The clock looks fantastic. You have done an amazing job. Everyone who sees the screensaver on my machine raves about it. Some think it is a movie. :-)
Very well done. Ray

feliu51 02-18-2009 09:23 AM

Congratulations Jim!

Jim

Congratulations for your wonderful job with Marine Aquarium,
I have been using this screensaver since the first release.
Now the colors are more vivid, and the fish look really alive!
I live in colombia and have given this to some of my customers.
presently working in systems Hardware Integration, but now
bussiness is going downhill, due to recesion and problems here
in colombia with money laundering from cocaine!

Best regards Jim and my congratulation again for your great work!

Phil

Mod Note: Politics are not permissable here.

ESHIREY 02-18-2009 05:18 PM

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/1.gif Phil, to the forum.

Wizwad 02-18-2009 05:32 PM

OMG! The official Welcome committee!

Hi Ed! Nice to see you back on the job! It's been a while, so I hope you're feeling better.

ESHIREY 02-18-2009 05:53 PM

Hey buddy. Thanks for the welcome back. Yeah it's been a while since I have posted. I have been here off and on the whole time. I just wasn't posting. But I feel it's time to start again.

feldon34 02-18-2009 07:38 PM

Good to see you back as well.

Jav400 02-18-2009 07:45 PM

Nice to have you back again Ed, you were missed. :)

ESHIREY 02-19-2009 01:07 PM

Thanks guys.