Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Clams Progress (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4816)

snorkler 04-28-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marian Nichols (Post 113071)
I am just so glad I don't have to change the water in this tank. ;)

Careful, this could become a "feature" - the fish won't die, you just won't be able to see them through the murk!!

BUZZIN_NICE 04-29-2009 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overlord (Post 113031)
I think the clams are perfectly fine. You'll never satisfy 100% of the people, Jim. Personally I think it is time to move forward with the new high resolution fish models. That would greatly compliment the new high resolution background of MA3. Just my opinion. And you know what they say about opinions!

high resolution fish models are coming? omg, i almost wet my pants with excitement!

dboyd420 04-29-2009 11:47 AM

Jim,

I realize now that they do open at a slower rate. It’s just not dramatic enough to seem real, and causing the accordion effect mentioned by jroseone. Clams have a fast reflex when they close, kinda like a twitch. I don't think they should close all the way every time, that's not their behavior. But to alleviate the accordion effect, the clams should have a flinching action, much faster than the opening rate.

cjmaddy 04-29-2009 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's not often that this happens! .... I couldn't get to the Print/Scrn key fast enough! :)

..... And a rather nice background colour, - don't you think?

loub516 04-30-2009 04:10 AM

I haven't seen that one on mine.

henemly 04-30-2009 08:56 AM

Nice job on all three closed. Been attempting the same thing without success.

Hot 05-01-2009 02:51 PM

Hi Jim
First off I think the clams look great!
But (lol) I also love the way they look when closed.
Do you think you could have a random clam close at a random time.
Say 5-10 min's and stay closed for 30 sec's or so. That way there would only be a clam fully closed
Every 5 to 10 minutes, and they would still work just like they do now.
Just a thought don’t beat me up (lol) I just think they look so much better
When one is closed. If not I am buying it anyway.
Thanks Ron P.

jroseone 05-01-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dboyd420 (Post 113086)
Jim,

I realize now that they do open at a slower rate. It’s just not dramatic enough to seem real, and causing the accordion effect mentioned by jroseone. Clams have a fast reflex when they close, kinda like a twitch. I don't think they should close all the way every time, that's not their behavior. But to alleviate the accordion effect, the clams should have a flinching action, much faster than the opening rate.

I agree. :D

I think upping the close speed would be suffice in eliminating the issue.

MarkDerail 05-08-2009 02:22 PM

I was about to comment on how often the clams move, as if they were exercising.

Then I remembered in an earlier post about fish interaction - I had 30 fish on !
There was always a fish bumping into them.

IOW - less fish = better clam experience

henemly 05-09-2009 06:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got all 3 to close tight. (their ganging up)
Attachment 8137

Plecostomus 05-10-2009 07:19 AM

Can't install beta 10, saved file to Documents and clicked to open,Internet Explorer tries to open several times a second resulting in a strobe effect and cannot be cancelled. I have to restart to get rid of it, any one else experienced this please?
I,m using IE8, Vista premium 32bit, 4Gb Ram, Quad 6600, GeForce 9800GT,Direct X 10, and 202Gb of space left on H/Drive,HP 2558 monitor

Plecostomus 05-10-2009 08:11 AM

OOOPS, Please forget last post, just realised I was trying to open zip file with IE8, all is now well, and I apologise for wasting time

engelens 05-11-2009 02:43 AM

No more clams...

Beta 10a expired today, so I had to revert to the Prolific installer version, without live clams.:( They really made the aquarium come to life, with their interaction with the fish. I hope the new beta (or installer) will be up soon, so we can be clamming again! Jim, it is amazing how you can bring things to life!:TU:

rctneil 05-11-2009 02:44 AM

Yes, mine has expired to so have temporarily reverted to the ribbosn screensaver until a new beta comes out. I could go to the installer version but might as well wait for the next beta. Not a big deal as I can wait!

Marian Nichols 05-11-2009 03:16 AM

mine too :sad:

I am ready to buy it, even though I know it isn't ready completely.

Yodelking 05-11-2009 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by engelens (Post 113366)
Beta 10a expired today, so I had to revert to the Prolific installer version, without live clams

Or just simply set the computer to 1st of May instead.

I noticed that Beta10a says: "Beta 9 has expired..."

basser1 05-14-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marian Nichols (Post 113369)
mine too :sad:

I am ready to buy it, even though I know it isn't ready completely.

Do eeett!! I deed! It's a beautiful thing!!