Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Logo Downloads and Help (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Logos (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2302)

ESHIREY 05-21-2004 07:59 PM

WOW , They look great .

grape_jellyfish 05-21-2004 11:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lets not forget these guys...

klaatu 05-22-2004 01:56 AM

B&W bmp only??

Hey there, everyone.

I just happened to check the Serene Screen web site for any updates tonight and was happy to see the new version 2.0 of MAT, of which I see plenty being talked about here already.

My question is this: How is it you are all using 24 bit PNG files? I can't use anything except 2 bit BMP. The setup dialog box refuses to allow for anything else-- unless I overlooked something.

Although I like the etched look of the B&W, it would be nice to use colors, too. Maybe my MAT 2.0 download is like those black and white M&M's were...? So, I ask, where's the color, etc?

Thanks all. This forum has been a great resource in the past (without my questions).

grape_jellyfish 05-22-2004 02:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There are a couple of colored ones here; a company logo, the orange M&M guy and here is another one I did tonight...

I don't understand why you can get it to save as a 24 bit PNG file, it worked fine for me.

Marian Nichols 05-22-2004 04:39 AM

Sandy and Michael, I do like all of those, I don't care for Sponge Bob, I don't believe I actually know this character’s name, but the rose, the princess, and of course the M&Ms guy are very well done.:TU:

feldon34 05-22-2004 11:43 AM

Re: B&W bmp only??

Quote:

Originally posted by klaatu
My question is this: How is it you are all using 24 bit PNG files? I can't use anything except 2 bit BMP. The setup dialog box refuses to allow for anything else-- unless I overlooked something.
"Import Logo" gives you black and white BMPs.

The PNGs go in c:\program files\serenescreen\marine aquarium time\

I've rewritten the first message in this 5 page topic to explain the difference. :)

Also you will notice when you download the EXE versions of my Logo Packs, they are set to dump the logos into the correct directory.

feldon34 05-22-2004 12:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
NYU Dentistry

grape_jellyfish 05-22-2004 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another I did last night.

grape_jellyfish 05-22-2004 12:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And another, I suppose I better stop now, im hogging the thread. :)

ESHIREY 05-22-2004 12:39 PM

looks great . I love looking at all of these . :)

Quick Death 05-22-2004 02:46 PM

Can everyone post the png as well as the crystal display, some of these are GREAT!

Any takers on that PSP Tutorial? How do you emboss text on PSP?

grape_jellyfish 05-22-2004 03:13 PM

Here is a link to the zip file of some of mine, I left out Arkansas and the one with my name on it.

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/4089b564...YX8rABAZi0GtO2

grape_jellyfish 05-22-2004 03:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, I know I said I wouldn't post anymore but I can't help it, im having so much fun with this. :)

Quick Death 05-22-2004 04:08 PM

ugh, transparency PNG's in PSP, YUCK!

Jav400 05-22-2004 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok, here you go so far. Some need a slight amount of work though.

feldon34 05-22-2004 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Quick Death
Can everyone post the png as well as the crystal display, some of these are GREAT!
Which one(s) would you like?

klaatu 05-22-2004 05:41 PM

Re: Re: B&W bmp only??

Quote:

Originally posted by feldon28
The PNGs go in c:\program files\serenescreen\marine aquarium time\

I've rewritten the first message in this 5 page topic to explain the difference. :)

Oh! Hey, thanks a bunch for the rewrite.
I knew I must've been jumping ahead of myself in thinking the final public release might have been different.
Cool stuff, all these "logos" cropping up. Better than I ever expected. In fact, I never really expected there to be a Marine Aquarium Time with customizable clock crystal!
I think it will take some trial and error to create them to look the way I want. My first tests of B&W photos were awful in etched crystal form and I'd definitely like to see some 3D effect instead of a semitransparent bitmap. B)
So... back to the drawing board!

RA 05-22-2004 08:13 PM

This is so cool!

I've been waiting for MAT2 to come out and to be able to create my own logos. Bmps are easy to do, but the png gave me a little workout. Finally figured out what I was doing wrong. Here is Satchel holding BuckyKat from the Get Fuzzy comic strip and the second one is taken from the web somewhere (if this offends someone, I will replace it).

Did I say this is so cool?! :)

It would be nice to be able to select just one clock and the logo instead of having to cycle between the clocks.

Great job, Prolific! Congratulations to all that are involved in all your fantastic screensavers! :)

And thank you for the free upgrade.

klaatu 05-23-2004 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by grape_jellyfish
I don't understand why you can get it to save as a 24 bit PNG file, it worked fine for me.
I have it working now, so thanks again guys. Although, if I hadn't discovered I had my PSP 8 here set up to save the transparency to the Alpha Channel (in File/Preferences/File Format/PNG) I'd have been back here asking why mine weren't displaying properly. Does okay after disallowing that Alpha save option.

Only thing is... I'm not seeing the dappled light effect on these. Is that something of a limitation in the implementation by MAT2 that might be fixed up later on? Or am I just not seeing this right?

feldon34 05-23-2004 05:07 AM

In the first 2 test versions of MAL, the dappled light effect was extreme. In the last 2 versions, it was turned off to match the Crystal version of the Aquarium. With it on, it was messing up several of the logos I'd created.

Maybe some day, there might be a way for logo creators to control how much of this lighting effect is used for each logo by putting a different colored pixel in the upper left corner.