Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   What's it look like? (Snapshot of Goldfish Aquarium) (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1314)

drfish 03-05-2003 05:50 AM

What's it look like?

Can we get a screen shot of this aquarium?

Jav400 03-05-2003 06:14 AM

This one is supposed to be out very shortly. You will be amazed. :)

James 03-05-2003 06:14 AM

Quote:

Prolific Publishing will be introducing a new product, a Goldfish Aquarium, in the coming weeks.
can we download the demo when it's out?

Jav400 03-05-2003 06:45 AM

This one should be up and available within about 10-15 days ( time warp not included :) ).

Liath 03-05-2003 09:45 AM

Yay! I wasn't that interested in MAT (although I had to download it anyways :) ). Now I have something to look forward to. :TU:

IXNAY 03-05-2003 10:20 AM

Can't wait *giggle*

ringdingdiggedingdingding :D

feldon34 03-05-2003 11:29 AM

Prolific to introduce Goldfish Aquarium
Prolific Publishing will be introducing a new goldfish-themed screen saver in the coming weeks, developed using the same tools which have been designed to help Jim Sachs in his creation of SereneScreen products.

The new Aquarium has been entirely created by Prolific artists/programmers and will initially arrive as a test version with:
  • 3 unique goldfish varying in size and shape
  • Individual fish behavior
  • Realistic swimming/fin physics and new collision avoidance

I have seen an early version of the GA and despite Reichart's insistance that it is a primitive version, I was simply stunned.

Goldfish don't do much for me and I don't want to build up too much hype, but I think Marine Aquarium users are going to be jealous of the GA for a while (at least until the same physics/behaviors are introduced into MA).

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...=&postid=22717

I'd have to say that and that there has finally been a successful marraige between "hard-coded" animation (which prevents the fish from 'snapping to' different animations but instead, seamlessly melding from one to another) and physics/math-driven animation which has, in the past, yielded jerky unrealistic or non-natural results.

Derrek 03-05-2003 11:46 AM

What great news! First it was MAT then news of a 2.0 version in the works, now this!!

Vish 03-05-2003 05:47 PM

WOW ! !

Thats all I can say...

IXNAY 03-06-2003 08:20 AM

Hey sounds cool, do you know anything about system requirements?

Sergiales 03-06-2003 08:22 AM

We've received a lot of great news during the last days:
- Sachs Marine Aquarium 2.0
- GoldFish Screensaver
- PrideFlag Screensaver

Cool!

Jav400 03-06-2003 09:35 AM

IXNAY,

System requirements will hopefully be in the same area as what you currently need. The physics that is used in this one will be transposed to the others after this. And believe me, if you didn't know that this thing was generated on your computer, you would swear that you were watching a real goldfish swim. Thats exactly what it looks like. :)

Vish 03-06-2003 01:22 PM

Wow ! !

Is there any specific release date?

Reichart 03-07-2003 04:46 AM

Golden fried fish.

1 Attachment(s)
Feldon: Q: Individual fish behavior (AI)
A: I’m always shy of using that word, since my definition of AI is: computers grows, realizes we are annoyance, wipes humanity off planet. In other words, the moment we realize that we accomplished AI, we are doomed.

Lets call it CL, computer logic.

I developed AI for military style automated vehicles, they quickly learned to kill you (not me, just you). Then find more fuel, then “relax.”

Sergiales: Q: PrideFlag

A: that is FlagPride, www.FlagPride.com, and we also announced MA Time, which is being tested now.

Jav400: Q: System requirements will hopefully be in the same area as what you currently need.

A: Yes. But Goldfish requires a LOT more processing. It is doing some amazing things in real time.

Vish: Q: Is there any specific release date?
A: Should be in less than a month, just a three fish version.

Drfish: Q: Can we get a screen shot of this aquarium?
A: Yes. But I just know that the moment you see this you will just ask for more. More pixels, more resolution, more detail.. The requests will never stop. And yes, the plants move, and there will be bubbles.

IXNAY 03-07-2003 10:47 AM

Thanks for the question Jav, sounds great.
Seems to be like the freshwatertank (moving plants). Was there cowork with Jim? If not, maybe someone wasted time then...

Just one question left:
Can we get a picture with more pixels and bigger resolution and more detail????????????????????????????????? :D

FrogMastr 03-07-2003 11:47 AM

plant movement

What kind of movement are we talking about?

Gentle sway or wil be moving when a fish... moves water at close range of the plant or hit the plant for biting algae?

Reichart 03-07-2003 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by IXNAY
Was there cowork with Jim? If not, maybe someone wasted time then..
Sachs and I have worked together for over a decade and a half, we consult each other on things completely unrelated to Aquariums, or even software.

But to answer your question, yes, Sachs is part of everything. Also, the team leads that make up GoldFish (which include Will Ware, and an Artist to be announced soon, and myself, have all worked together over the years, and we even had a company together over a decade ago. The artist is world renowned, and even holds an important patent in the process of art creation, and I believe he just was nominated for an Academy Award Oscar for technical achievement, and won. Yup, our little guppies have “star” quality.

P.S. I call Jim “Sachs” because we have here:

Jim Sachs "Artist, programmer, illusionist (and I use this world carefully)"
Jim Rathbun, “MIS, Installer writer, and my right hand man”
Jim “James” Host “Biologist, programmer, grammarian, and master tester.”
Jim O’Connor “Mac Programmer, and perhaps one of the most easy going guys I have ever met”

I’m glad to call them friends, but what is it with American’s named Jim, and Brits named Simon?

IXNAY 03-08-2003 09:33 AM

Hey the background is green/blue, does it have other colours?

drfish 03-08-2003 08:43 PM

Thanks for the picture, I can't wait to see it for real! :)

Vish 03-08-2003 10:51 PM

Re: Golden fried fish.

Quote:

Originally posted by Reichart
Feldon:

... just a three fish version...

When you say 3 fish version, Does that mean that it has three types of GoldFish or it means that you can have three fish max at one time?