Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Videos: Your cat watching Marine Aquarium (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3953)

henemly 02-11-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs
Ah, so that cat is just waiting for the hi-def background of MA3.

:lol:

Yellow Tang 02-13-2008 03:55 AM

That last post of this article is really interesting:
Quote:

This brings to mind an interesting aesthetic question that erupted when I wrote about HDTV a few months ago. My piece noted that many famous stars look totally hideous in HD, because their previously-unnoticed imperfections -- tiny wrinkles, face-lift seams -- suddenly become glaring flaws. But all the experts I talked to noted that nature shows look fabulous. Humans in closeup wither; but nature flowers, because its beauty is fractal -- the closer you get, the more you can notice the elegant nuances of a leaf, a river, or an iguana.
Is it true? Is it all illusion?
Unfortunately, here in Germany, HDTV is almost not available. There are even a lot of channels sending in 4:3, rather than 16:9! Way to go...

feldon34 02-13-2008 08:02 AM

btw, I take anything Philip Swann posts with a large grain of salt.

cjmaddy 02-13-2008 09:39 AM

We are not receiving what is now being termed here in the UK as 'Full-HD'. But I agree with YT that some of the human animals have not benefitted from the clarity that we now get on our new 16:9 LCD tv when receiving the digital 16:9 versions of the normal channels. - I noticed that Sue Barker in Question of Sport, now appears to be in 'soft focus', or has had a lot of attention to 'crack-filling'. :D - I think she is first class at her job, but the HDTV that we get does her no favours!

ESHIREY 02-13-2008 03:29 PM

That is true. People don't look as good in hd. It shows everything. But I love my hd. Starting this weekend we are getting about 6 new hd channels. Comcast has added more and the one I'm most looking forward to is the SciFi ch. We had a lot of hd before but now we will be getting even more.

Yellow Tang 02-14-2008 04:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, at least it doesn't apply to rats.
They look fine in HD! :D

Marian Nichols 02-14-2008 04:07 AM

Ummm.... me thinks...... then why would I want this? Would you spoil my illusions? :TD:

ESHIREY 02-14-2008 11:18 AM

No No No Hon. Don't get us wrong, Once you have HD you'll be hooked.

Wizwad 02-14-2008 11:28 AM

It's a bit like Broadband, then, without actually being, well, Broadband? ;) ;)

Marian Nichols 02-15-2008 05:58 AM

:lol: @ Ed.

davethegecko 02-28-2008 10:49 AM

Sci-Fi in HD?!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESHIREY
No No No Hon. Don't get us wrong, Once you have HD you'll be hooked.

Seriously? Comcast has the Sci-Fi channel in HD?!? This is a pretty new development correct? I've thought that it seemed particularly ironic that of all the channels out there, Sci-Fi was not HD. Though you can watch previous seasons of BSG in HD on Universal HD (I think). Ed, if this is so, I'm going to geek-out in a very big way! And that's nothing when compared to my wife, who is an even bigger sci-fi fan than I am.

:D

Jav400 02-28-2008 11:13 AM

Sounds like there might be a Stargate Fan in there somewhere. I've got 12 days to go until The Arc of Truth. :)

ESHIREY 02-28-2008 12:32 PM

Yes it is true. The scifi ch is now in HD. And I love it.

Panthera 02-28-2008 03:34 PM

Really? My SciFi isn't HD. :( My favorite HD channels are National Geographic, Discovery, History, and another one called Discovery Theater. Oh and HGTV. :D I wish the Science channel was in HD, they have great shows. Well if I'm gonna wish that, then I'd wish all channels were in HD!

ESHIREY 02-28-2008 03:58 PM

The channels you just listed are all in HD here now.

feldon34 02-28-2008 06:16 PM

I have these channels in High Definition on DirecTV (the current industry HD leader):

Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, National Geographic, Biography Channel, History Channel, Science Channel, A&E, BET, TNT, TBS, USA, Spike, Bravo, Sci-Fi, FX, MGM, Nickelodeon, Disney, Food Network, Cartoon Network, The Weather Channel, CNN, CNBC, ESPN, Country Music Television, MTV, Golf, HGTV, Universal HD, HDNet Movies, etc.

Not to mention the ~25 HD sports channels and HBO, Showtime, Movie Channel, Starz, etc. premium movie channels.

davethegecko 02-28-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feldon31
I have these channels in High Definition on DirecTV (the current industry HD leader):

Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, National Geographic, Biography Channel, History Channel, Science Channel, A&E, BET, TNT, TBS, USA, Spike, Bravo, Sci-Fi, FX, MGM, Nickelodeon, Disney, Food Network, Cartoon Network, The Weather Channel, CNN, CNBC, ESPN, Country Music Television, MTV, Golf, HGTV, Universal HD, HDNet Movies, etc.

Not to mention the ~25 HD sports channels and HBO, Showtime, Movie Channel, Starz, etc. premium movie channels.

Sadly, I have AT&T (the current industry HD loser):

No Sci-Fi in HD for me! :sad:

Panthera 02-28-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feldon31

I am SO jealous!

ESHIREY 02-28-2008 09:14 PM

I have them all too. except for Spike. For me I don't care about the sports ch. I hate sports.But we do have them in HD. We got the big boost from HD because the other company's were doing it and , well, they all get there signal from the same source.

Panthera 02-28-2008 11:07 PM

Weird cuz I too have Comcast and don't have nearly as much.