Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Beta11f discussion (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5322)

Jim Sachs 04-24-2010 10:57 AM

Beta11f discussion

Beta 11f is now available at http://www.fish-byte.com/MA3Beta.zip

This version adds a user interface for changing the font color of the digital clock, as well as the ability to turn off the second hand in the analog clock. A couple of anomolies in the background graphics have also been fixed (missing object behind conch shell and straightline at far right of tank).

I also changed the algorithm for fading the background colors. It had been passing through too many grays, and now I try to keep it more colorful.

The "Etched look" font buttons in the Clock/Logo interface are not hooked up yet.

rps 04-24-2010 11:32 AM

I noticed that the interface for the analog clock has checkboxes for "solid font" and "etched font"...

Should those two be a set of radio buttons, so that one or the other is selected, but not both? (Aren't those mutually exclusive? And what happens if neither one is checked?)

Alternatively, you could just eliminate the "solid font" checkbox... Solid font is the default that you get when "etched font" is not checked. (which might be easier than converting the checkboxes to radio buttons)

~Ralph S.

Jim Sachs 04-24-2010 11:45 AM

Yeah, maybe I'll do that. First, I need to create the graphics for the font.

Nicki 04-24-2010 01:14 PM

No bugs so far, and I've tried just about every combo of button pressing I could think of. The transitions are much more subtle now. The etched font will be like it was in 2.6? Montotone (or is it duotone?). Can't imagine what that would look like in colours.

cjmaddy 04-24-2010 01:33 PM

I like the changed fading of the background colours, although I didn't really mind the fade as it was before.
For me, white is the only one of those colours that doesn't look a bit out of place in the Aquarium. I think though, that some may look better when they are available etched. I'm looking forward to that.

I found the conch shell change.... eventually! - It looks so different across two screens. - When I turned one screen off it was obvious!

Jim, if you are still only using one monitor, the difference may be of interest? - I have screen shots of both, if you want me to post them.

Jim Sachs 04-24-2010 01:42 PM

Sure, I'd like to see them.

cjmaddy 04-24-2010 02:14 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here they are. - This was one occasion where spread across two screens made it look less obvious. - Normally it was the other way around. - I would like to think that if I'd been using one monitor, I might have seen that gap before now! ;)

..11e x1 ...................... 11e x2 ........................ 11f x1 ...................... 11f x2

Ralph 04-24-2010 02:22 PM

Looks good. will there be an option to change the colors of the analog clock? The missing coral fix looks good... I don't have the excuse Cliff had and once noticed that gap was pretty obvious.. With what version did it go missing?

JohnWho 04-24-2010 03:27 PM

I was hoping the "missing object behind the conch shell" fix would be what you corrected. Otherwise, I was about to ask about it. Looks much better.

The new fading is better, too, in my opinion, although the other way wasn't overly objectionable. This seems to be transitioning a bit smoother, too, but that may just be an illusion.

No problem here with the digital clock/calendar color changing. I suspect once "etched" it will really look "most excellent" in the crystal.

Second hand on/off does what it says.

Lookin' good. :TU:

Nicki 04-24-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnWho (Post 120954)
I suspect once "etched" it will really look "most excellent" in the crystal.

Wyld Stallyns!!! Definitely not bogus.

JohnWho 04-24-2010 05:06 PM

Creating all 6 sets of colors, with each set different, and then setting them all to be on for 1 second essentially gives an ever-changing colored background.

That's totally rad, dudes.

:)

Jav400 04-24-2010 07:06 PM

AHHHHHH My most excellent friends, the proper music and serenescreen aquarium shall save the universe. :)

Dale 04-24-2010 07:20 PM

I haven't seen this mentioned, so perhaps it's just my system.

When 11f starts, the Statistics display is on. I can turn it off by pressing "S". But the next time 11f starts, the statistics display is again on.

That didn't happen in 11e. (Edit: Just checked, and it still doesn't happen with 11e, but does with 11f)

Windows 7, 32-bit.

JohnWho 04-24-2010 07:26 PM

Happens on both of mine, too, but I just "assumed" it is part of Jim's beta testing.

Dale 04-24-2010 07:28 PM

Cosmetic change:

On the Clock&Logo settings panel, it says "Show this logo for" (some time).

That should probably be "Show the highlighted item for"...

(A clock or calendar is not a logo)

henemly 04-24-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale (Post 120980)
When 11f starts, the Statistics display is on. I can turn it off by pressing "S". But the next time 11f starts, the statistics display is again on.

Was just going to post this, but ya beat me to it :D

Jim Sachs 04-24-2010 07:39 PM

I had been forgetting to compile the test versions as Betas, and just remembered with this version. This means that the stats default to ON, and the program will expire in a couple of weeks.

Ralph 04-24-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 120986)
This means that the stats default to ON, and the program will expire in a couple of weeks.

I wondered about that... messed me up on one occasion and Cliff had to set me straight:D

StuDisney 04-25-2010 12:07 AM

Installed

Installed & looking good:)

STEVEPOON 04-25-2010 12:32 AM

Really hope to bring back version 2.6 starfish.
It moved faster 2.6 and it likes a dead fish in 3.0
Please bring it back.