Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Different versions of Goldfish Aquarium to Purchase (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3763)

bdwilcox 10-12-2006 03:12 PM

Different versions of Goldfish Aquarium to Purchase

I was going to upgrade my SereneScreen 1.0 to the newest version on the website but then I saw a different version of the screensaver which comes with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. (Its background has a stone block instead of all the coral) How does one go about buying the Media Center version of SereneScreen without buying XP Media Center Edition itself?

Tiny Turtle 10-12-2006 03:47 PM

You don't. (sorry)

feldon34 10-12-2006 03:48 PM

Moved to the Goldfish forum, since the blue gravel and stone block apply to the Goldfish Aquarium.

bdwilcox 10-13-2006 11:49 AM

Couple More Questions Then...

Is the screensaver supplied with XP Media Center Edition 2005 a part of Goldfish Aquarium then?

Is Jim Sachs the creator of Goldfish Aquarium as well?

How is Jim Sachs related to Prolific Publishing?

I'm asking because I'm not sure if I should buy Goldfish Aquarium or wait for SereneScreen 3.

-Brian

Jav400 10-13-2006 11:55 AM

Prolific Publishing handles the manufacturing of the cd versions of Jim's work for him. Jim does the creative process and they handle the distribution.

They also have some people there that have created the goldfish version. Jim did not create it.

As to your choice of which to get, thats up too you. Jim's new version 3 will be totally 3D, not just the fish like the current version. I am sure it will be a sight to see.

drfish 10-13-2006 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdwilcox
I'm asking because I'm not sure if I should buy Goldfish Aquarium or wait for SereneScreen 3.

-Brian

Please no one smack me for saying this but... if you need a virtual aquarium to keep you happy until MA3 (you'll want it too), look here.

/runs and hides :erm:

Jav400 10-13-2006 12:02 PM

smack smack ;)

No seriously, Doc is right. Alan's work is worth mentioning. Its one of the very few that I would recommend, and we have alot of information about it in our other screen savers section. He has done an excellent job on it.

feldon34 10-13-2006 01:24 PM

Quote:

Is the screensaver supplied with XP Media Center Edition 2005 a part of Goldfish Aquarium then?

The version of Goldfish Aquarium in XP Media Center Edition is not available anywhere else but in XP Media Center Edition.

Quote:

Is Jim Sachs the creator of Goldfish Aquarium as well?

No, Eric Daniels is. Check out his website.

Quote:

How is Jim Sachs related to Prolific Publishing?

Prolific Publishing is the publisher of:
SereneScreen Marine Aquarium (developed by Jim Sachs)
LifeGlobe Goldfish Aquarium (developed by Eric Daniels)
LifeGlobe Sharks: Terrors of the Deep
LifeGlobe Flags of the World
and other products

Quote:

Goldfish and Saltwater fish are completely different. Download a demo of Goldfish and Sharks (and also Freshwater) and see what you think.