Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   [Fixed:Beta 7] Cursor effected by Windowed mode (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4659)

vdirjohn 12-17-2008 05:01 PM

Cursor effected by Windowed mode

When I load the latest Beta (7j) and switch to Windowed mode, my cursor looks normal (arrow) as long as it stays outside of the window. As soon as I move the cursor to the window, it switches to the expected double arrow at the windows edge (so I can drag/drop the window size) but remains the double arrow when I move INTO the window. I would expect it to switch back to the regular cursor (single arrow). It does not switch back to the regular cursor until I leave the window. If I right click and bring up the "exit/resume/full screen <-> windowed" box, the regular cursor returns but if I click "resume", the cursor disappears entirely. This happens whether the window titlebar is displayed or not.

I am running Windows XP.

Jim Sachs 12-17-2008 05:16 PM

Great. Cursor stuff. Where did I put that bottle of arsenic...?

Dale 12-17-2008 05:29 PM

I see this, too (WXP) - but it's a bit more strange. The behavior reported is correct -- but, if I move the cursor QUICKLY from outside to inside the windowed area (so quickly that it doesn't change to the double-arrow at the edge), then the cursor stays the same as it should be.

For some people, it may be necessary to reduce the frame rate, to be able to move the cursor past the window edge fast enough.

Ralph 12-17-2008 07:16 PM

I have the same symptoms as vdirjohn.. but would think this as the way it should be.. Except perhaps for the disappearing cursor after making a change from "any" menu, and even that is not an issue worth chasing...The cursor returns as soon as you exit the window.. and what else could you do anyway.... But... perhaps there are some users who would say.. my cursor has disappeared... must stop working.. must watch screen saver:D
On this subject.. on starting the SS (as a window) my cursor stays as an hourglass until I move it out of the SS window

Jim Sachs 12-17-2008 07:20 PM

Found and fixed it. Wasn't as hard as I thought. Now the cursor is always the normal pointer when in the window.

Bob 12-19-2008 05:58 PM

I saw this problem too. But by the time I got to the forum to report it this thread was already in progress.

I've been running 7k for a little over an hour now and have not seen any problem with the cursor during that time.

Once again, thanks Jim.

Bob

Jim Sachs 12-19-2008 06:01 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I fixed that one.

rps 12-19-2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 108504)
I saw this problem too. But by the time I got to the forum to report it this thread was already in progress.

I've been running 7k for a little over an hour now and have not seen any problem with the cursor during that time.

Once again, thanks Jim.

Bob

Yeah, I had intended to report this as well, but someone else beat me to it. I can also confirm that it works fine under 7k.

~Ralph S.

Ralph 12-19-2008 11:15 PM

Your cursor fix.. fixed it:D.. Including a mini problem my system has had for many versions.. (which I kind of thought as normal behavior). When first started my cursor would stay as an hour glass until I moved it out of the window... now fixed.
But.. perhaps the "grab" hot spots could be a few pixels wider, possibly some shaky hands might have trouble staying on the line to grab and move.

And.. I like the extra options you added to the right mouse click:TU:

Jim Sachs 12-20-2008 12:10 AM

The grab hotspots are a Windows thing. You specify WS_THICKFRAME when creating the window, and the border becomes the resize hotspot.