Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Marine Aquarium 3 Comments & Appreciation (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4382)

cjmaddy 06-30-2009 05:42 AM

Try cough syrup, instead of oil....

Wizwad 06-30-2009 05:53 AM

Very helpful, Cliff. Thanks for that!

:p

ESHIREY 06-30-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 114423)
Water-cooled - that's a good idea. I'll go get the hose...

:lol:

luv.swans 07-01-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 114417)
Welcome to the Forum, luv.swans.

I'm currently working on new 3D models for all the fish, which will be necessary for more elaborate movements. I always dreaded doing this, and it is proving to be just as difficult as I thought it would. Also, the fan on my video card went out a couple of days ago. A new one is on the way, but for now I'm limited to just having the computer on for a few minutes at a time.

thanks again..all you do is appreciated and hope the fan is the last hurdle you have.
it's hard enuf without the 'puter probs

luv.swans 07-01-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jav400 (Post 114411)
Sorry to hear about your trials lately and we hope that you get through them well. :)

As for the updates, any time Jim has something new for everyone to see a new version will be announced in this thread. Keep an eye out there and when something shows up plenty of discussion will probably be happening as well.

As for the rest, I think I have seen you playing in our arcade at times :TU:. I hope you are enjoying the games and that they help to pass the time. That's what they are there for. :)

Again, best wishes for your recovery................

appreciate your well wishes, surgery went well, but not used to typing left handed so excuse typo's etc.

arcade does help and I like it better than others I have tried

kudos to all involved in creating, tweaking or whatever else they do to make this as special as it is, also really enjoy watching framework in action.

elchicosuchel 07-12-2009 03:20 PM

I installed the marine aquarium 3 and I need the seria number. Can you send that to me?
Tkyou.

feldon34 07-12-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elchicosuchel (Post 114643)
I installed the marine aquarium 3 and I need the seria number. Can you send that to me?
Tkyou.

You can buy Marine Aquarium 3 right here:
http://www.serenescreen.com/product/

Stew2000 07-13-2009 04:07 AM

Or type TESTFISH

Ad_Enuff 07-15-2009 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elchicosuchel (Post 114643)
Tkyou.

{I'm sure Jim would be only too pleased to issue you with a FREE Serial, maybe the master key that opens up new features that others arent able to see yet..../scarcasm}

FirebrandX 08-11-2009 10:30 AM

I just upgraded to MA3 and I must say I'm quite thrilled with how it looks! If I may make a suggestion, I think it would be really neat if the fish themselves cast a murky shadow on the objects below them. I had noticed something didn't look quite right when the fish would swim near the bottom, and I realized that was the effect that was missing. Is this possible without too much technical demands?

Anyway, fantastic work! Worth every penny!

Jim Sachs 08-11-2009 01:42 PM

It's incredibly difficult. I've always solved the problem before by simply not letting the fish get too close to the bottom. If you look at a real saltwater aquarium, the light is so diffuse that any fish which is more than an inch off the floor wil not cast any shadow at all.

But with the new tank, there will be instances when the fish (and other creatures) will get right down to the bottom, so I will end up having to create a way of doing shadows.

Dale 08-11-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 115005)
It's incredibly difficult. I've always solved the problem before by simply not letting the fish get too close to the bottom. If you look at a real saltwater aquarium, the light is so diffuse that any fish which is more than an inch off the floor wil not cast any shadow at all.

But with the new tank, there will be instances when the fish (and other creatures) will got right down to the bottom, so I will end up having to create a way of doing shadows.

Doesn't it also apply when one fish swims closely above another fish?

Jim Sachs 08-11-2009 10:15 PM

Where's my gun...

ESHIREY 08-12-2009 10:30 AM

HAHAHAHAHA. :spit:

Ralph 08-12-2009 03:58 PM

Jim... I think you could fix a lot of your problems by making the water murky. I recall diving in some pretty heavy plankton blooms where "shadows" did not exist.:D Or.. another simple solution would be to fix a time to the SS... like dusk

feldon34 08-12-2009 04:36 PM

Or another simple solution. The fish don't cast shadows. :)

Dale 08-12-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 115010)
Where's my gun...

I'm quite happy if the fish don't cast shadows at all. But if they do cast shadows, I'm confident that you'll do a comprehensive model.

On the other hand - shooting a gun underwater is not recommended.

:p

Jav400 08-12-2009 06:07 PM

That last statement depends on the gun. ;)

But I don't recommend just ramming your pistol under water and squeezing the trigger for a test.

Yellow Tang 08-13-2009 07:56 AM

The won't cast shadows in the night! I think a night mode would probably solve some issues... ;)

Jav400 08-13-2009 08:01 AM

When Jim gets around to upgrading the lighting it will make some differences. Unfortunately I'm not sure if it will make it worse or better.

PS. I had forgotten about you winning that tournament we had YT. We need to have another one. :)