Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Simple additions (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5262)

clifdene 03-05-2010 06:20 AM

Cliff. Many thanks.
Sorry for being dense but I do not have = or : showing in the registry and I am confused as to which digits to change. When I right click on the registry entry a new line for New Value appears. What do I enter here?

Jav400 03-05-2010 07:05 AM

CD,

once you get there you should be able to left click once on "backgroundbottomcolor" to select it, then right click choose modify. Change only the last numbers in the sequence as those represent the hex value for the colors.

clifdene 03-05-2010 07:19 AM

Many thanks Jav. It is very easy when you know how. Now I have to lighten the colour to match Cliff's colour. Mine is much darker.

cjmaddy 03-05-2010 07:24 AM

The = and the : are in the BackgroundColor.reg script!... ie, - "BackgroundTopColor"=dword:ff000040 ... (That is the way it's written in a script)
OR..... In the registry entry just change the Hexadecimal Value data. - ie, Right click on BackgroundTopColor then click Modify and change the Value data to the Hexadecimal number of the colour you want, (not forgetting the ff).

Do NOT enter a new line! .... You should right click on the name BackgroundTopColor.

It's much easier to use the script........... That's why I wrote it!!! ... ;);)

clifdene 03-05-2010 07:28 AM

Thanks again Cliff. I used ff000040 which was too black. Changed it to ff000080 which you mentioned in an earlier post. Looks very good.

Jav400 03-05-2010 07:43 AM

I agree. I prefer more of the "darker royal blue" look than I do the "lighter black blue" look as well.

cjmaddy 03-05-2010 08:02 AM

Once you've got the colour you like, because any use of F1 to F4 will immediately revert back to the default colours, it's useful to have a simple script that will return you to your chosen background colour, at the click of a mouse! :)

clifdene 03-05-2010 09:41 AM

Cliff. My reason for looking to alter the registry direct was because I did not know how to use your script. When I ran it it brought up CCleaner so I then tried WordPad. As it would be useful please tell me how I should have used it.

feldon34 03-05-2010 09:58 AM

Normally you double-click on a REG file and the Windows Registry Editor (RegEdit) comes up and asks if you want to patch the changes in the file into your Registry. The fact that CCleaner came up means it's intercepting any Registry files.

You could right-click and tell it to Open With... RegEdit, or you could first open RegEdit and then open this file.

cjmaddy 03-05-2010 10:15 AM

clifdene......... What Morgan just said! ;)

clifdene 03-05-2010 10:16 AM

Many thanks. CCleaner seems to be capturing the file even if trying to open it in RegEdit. I will follow it up.

EDIT. thanks Cliff.

Dale 03-05-2010 11:05 AM

Well, that's a simple addition. :)

Now:

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip (Post 119331)

... a quick and easy method of selecting your own music.

Flip/Keith:):)

Flip, what would be your idea of a "quick and easy method" that would be easier than what's currently included?

Jack Gilvey 03-05-2010 03:41 PM

How 'bout spawning coral? Just one night a year. ;)

jleslie 03-05-2010 03:53 PM

Now that would be an "Easter Egg" :-)
I wouldn't get your hopes up tho...

Nicki 03-05-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jleslie (Post 119373)
I wouldn't get your hopes up tho...

'Specially if the female coral has a headache.:p

henemly 03-05-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjmaddy (Post 119349)
it's useful to have a simple script that will return you to your chosen background colour, at the click of a mouse! :)

I got a small app that compiles .reg files to exe and that works well for instant changes with premade themes.

Another vote for etched (white?) calendar/clock colors (like v2 has). Font change would be great but know that ain't gonna happen.

Jim Sachs 03-05-2010 08:14 PM

I'll consider some enhancements to the clock/logo system.

cjmaddy 03-06-2010 04:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've made another very small .reg file that fixes the stationary Scroll Position to where I want it!. - I use two 5x4 monitors. (I don't use auto-scroll). And after some trial and error, I got near to the right spot that didn't split too many corals across the two screens. I then placed the Hex Value in.... ScrollPosition.reg ... and did some more fine adjustment with the Hex Value, until I got just the position I ideally wanted.
For anyone that's interested, in common with BackgroundColor.reg, just open the .reg files in Notepad, and change the eight digits after the colon, to whatever colour or position is right for you.

Edit:- Scroll Position, dividing line.......
(If you have any eye for composition, I think choosing that particular change-over point makes a very big difference. - It almost makes up for not having a bezel gap adjustment! )

Dale 03-11-2010 03:41 PM

I'm not sure if the #1 posting has been updated recently.

Also, in the category of "simple fixes", should be sorting out the required-drivers-for-sound issue in https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...?t=5145&page=8

Perhaps Prolific could enhance the installer to check for the presence of whatever is required, and warn the user (or provide a link to the corrective drivers, etc.).

Jim Sachs 03-11-2010 09:36 PM

I'm still hopeful that users will figure out which drivers are required and post the info here. As more people get W7, the likelyhood of someone stumbling on the solution increases. Personally, I'm not eager to spend any of my remaining minutes of existance chasing down something so nebulous.

What I AM working on is a user interface for the background colors. My plan is to have a set of 6-or-so color combinations (top and bottom colors) available. The user can set one or more of them to be active, choose the colors, and set the duration for each combo. At the moment, I'm struggling with how to change the color of a static control to show the current setting that the user has chosen.