Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Wishlist for Marine Aquarium 3 and Future (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8)

Jim Sachs 07-21-2011 12:08 AM

I had always intended to put in a crab, and I still might get around to it after the Freshwater Tank. But it would have to be confined to a certain area within the tank, otherwise the number of situations is infinite, and therefore would take an infinite amount of time to program.

Jean-Pierre Marro 07-21-2011 12:54 AM

Everything just made, as for the starfish for example, I understands(includes) very well.
Thank you while waiting for the realization.

wetmonkey 11-02-2011 09:57 AM

I believe a great way to see some explosive growth in this product is to open of fish design and skinning to the community and allow them to submit the project for review. This would kill several birds with one stone. The would need to be a few functions added to the avoidance algorithms and an import function to tank. You can build in some authentication to cover piracy. I understand the tanks is a labor of love though driving sales with community content could be an active way to bring in new people (sales) will increase the product scope. It will then bring in capital to allow for Jim to focus on creature packs, freshwater tank ect. We now live in the area of constant updates and new features via the app craze. This would satisfy several needs at once. Peoples always want content and the ability to customize content. Hell, you could even set up fish to sell and have a revenue split for fish developers and become a digital fish store. A first on the web. (First that I know of)

cjmaddy 11-02-2011 10:56 AM

Sorry, wetmonkey, - but my guess would be that we will see pigs fly over the moon, before Jim agrees to do anything like that.

Am I right, Jim? ;)

Iwantfish2 11-11-2011 03:48 PM

I wish there were mini sea turtles we could have in the aquarium. I remember going to the aquarium here in Maryland and seeing the sea turtle in this huge tank. with other fish and I think even a few sharks. MA3 makes me think of those great memories as a kid and teen.

Maybe a sea turtle screen saver could be made? :) Or even just fresh water turtles. I know they don't look as pretty as the fish, but they still do look nice. A crab would also be nice in the MA3 tank. Dream Aquarium has a cute crab in the tank that runs around. Also I wish the starfish would get back up on the glass. :)

snorkler 11-19-2011 10:14 PM

I think we can wish for many things. Do not think much else is going to happen with the saltwater tank. Unless you are willing to wait, and I do mean wait, the next thing will be a freshwater tank. Unfortunately and unhappily I believe the ride is over!

Patatrac 12-02-2011 01:56 PM

Marine Aquarium on a TV set

Hi, after having being impressed with the realism of the Aquarium 3 :TU: my first thought has been: how about having it running on a large tv screen (say 40' or 50' screen), when the tv is in standby mode :drool: possibly installed on a usb stick?
Sorry if the question has been asked before hundreds of times or if it is technically impossible :o

Thank you
Mike

patscarr 12-05-2011 09:21 AM

Yeah, I know my plasma has a built in "screensaver." When I leave it paused on something for too long, the screen goes black and a logo moves around the screen. If I could replace that with MA3, that'd be awesome!

feldon34 12-05-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patatrac (Post 136059)
Hi, after having being impressed with the realism of the Aquarium 3 :TU: my first thought has been: how about having it running on a large tv screen (say 40' or 50' screen), when the tv is in standby mode :drool: possibly installed on a usb stick?
Sorry if the question has been asked before hundreds of times or if it is technically impossible :o

Thank you
Mike

As soon as they squeeze an entire PC with a DirectX graphics card into a USB stick, you'll see Aquarium 3 on it. :)

ESHIREY 12-05-2011 11:50 AM

hahahahahahaha good one.

Patatrac 12-07-2011 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feldon34 (Post 136097)
As soon as they squeeze an entire PC with a DirectX graphics card into a USB stick, you'll see Aquarium 3 on it. :)

Ok. ATM technically impossible :sad:. Thanks

Jim Sachs 12-07-2011 10:29 AM

That one may not be possible, but I may soon be going through the wishlist looking for ideas. Big things may be about to happen.

Patatrac 12-07-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 136129)
That one may not be possible, but I may soon be going through the wishlist looking for ideas. Big things may be about to happen.

Thanks Jim. I was hopeful. Since the latest tv sets are more and more sophisticated (even with ethernet ports for connectivity), I thought the hardware was there, sort of. I believe it won't be long before we see a "computerized" tv set.

--Mike

Jav400 12-07-2011 10:50 AM

You can hook your laptop to the tv and watch the aquarium, but as for generating the program and getting it to run there is no memory stick or flash drive that can do it.

Jav400 12-07-2011 10:52 AM

Jim,

If that's the case you don't have to look. I would put individual behaviors and schooling at the top of the list. It would make allot of people happy.

Jim Sachs 12-07-2011 11:28 AM

It's at the top of the list.

ESHIREY 12-07-2011 02:20 PM

AWESOME http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs26/f/20...nASuitcase.gif

Marie Alline 12-12-2011 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 134065)
I had always intended to put in a crab, and I still might get around to it after the Freshwater Tank. But it would have to be confined to a certain area within the tank, otherwise the number of situations is infinite, and therefore would take an infinite amount of time to program.

I have a question for you about more background sounds. I would like to add some music but where do I get more music from? Can I just add an mp3 or wav file?

Thanks,
Marie Alline

feldon34 12-12-2011 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marie Alline (Post 136216)
Can I just add an mp3 or wav file?

Yes. Click on Music Playlist.

jleslie 12-14-2011 07:38 AM

You could play it on many TVs, as a lot of them have media players built in. You'd just need a fast enough computer to record a chunk of the screen-saver running into a movie file, which would take a lot of work. Plus someone to say they are okay with you doing that too.