Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Wishlist for Marine Aquarium 3 and Future (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8)

GreenHsiF 07-13-2003 02:20 AM

Will there be an option to let the octopus stick to the glass of the aquarium?

Jim Sachs 07-13-2003 10:05 AM

I don't think so.

Ranger 07-14-2003 08:47 AM

When can we expect to see an octopus swimming around in our fish tanks (Probally already said just didn't see it)?

Jim Sachs 07-14-2003 09:22 AM

Being the most difficult creature to create, it will also be the last, so it will be some time yet.

Ranger 07-14-2003 09:24 AM

Ah, well keep up the good work :D

feldon34 07-14-2003 09:28 AM

Months/Years away.

kaotica 07-29-2003 08:04 AM

i am not sure if this was mentioned, as i am honestly not going to read 47 pages of posts, but i'd love to see an urchin, and more variety in the coral selection, where there would be the possibility of picking rockwork 1,2, or 3 and even though they might cover the same area, they would include different coral arrangements. does that make sense?

GreenHsiF 08-05-2003 06:51 PM

Have any creatures or fish been made for the 3-d aquarium yet?

feldon34 08-05-2003 06:59 PM

Marine Aquarium = COMPLETELY on hold until Freshwater. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Jim Sachs 08-05-2003 07:20 PM

Actually, it's just my part of the Marine Aquarium that's on hold for the Freshwater Tank. My part being the 3D background and Creature Packs.

Prolific can make changes and additions to various aspects of the Marine Aquarium, as they did with the new user interface.

klyntun 08-10-2003 03:51 PM

I visited an aquarium supply yesterday (I'm starting to get prices to set up a freshwater tank), and was happily surprised that I could identify many of the saltwater fish that were there, due to having the MA. Now having seen them live, I'm even more impressed with the realism of the MA.
I have two additions to MY wishlist for a future creature pack. One is a Brittle Star, a very active and beautiful type of star fish. The other is a Mandarin Goby/Dragonet. Click here, then Specimen Database>Fish>Mandarin Dragonet to see what I mean. There are some other nice pictures here also. I tried making a link directly to the fish, but after about ten tries I gave up. I don't know what I was doing incorrectly. I know the fish has already been listed. I'm not sure about the starfish.

feldon34 08-10-2003 05:53 PM

http://www.reefcorner.com/SpecimenSh...ndarinfish.htm

klyntun 08-10-2003 07:21 PM

Thanks, Morgan. What do you think of the fish? Quite a beauty, IMO. Jim, if you see this please comment. The physiology of the fish itself doesn't seem overly complicated (as if I'd know!), just the intricate patterning and coloration.

feldon34 08-10-2003 08:33 PM

I haven't had the opportunity of watching one very long, so I don't know it's swimming behavior.

From what I remember of Jim's comments, it's borderline between being added as a regular (free) fish or a special creature due to the unique swimming.

klyntun 08-10-2003 10:09 PM

The one that I watched in the aquarium store stayed close to the rocks/coral and the bottom, but didn't seem shy. I think that is simply its feeding habit. It was sure a beauty. It would be great to see it in a future version of the MA.

Yellow Tang 08-11-2003 09:11 AM

Yes, an amazing fish! I'm sure that we will see it in a future version. Thanks in advance, Jim! ;)

GreenHsiF 08-25-2003 06:08 PM

I saw a fish in the wishlist.Will the spotted cat be added in the aquarium?It would be cool to see a fish with spots all over it.Something different.

Wizwad 08-26-2003 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GreenHsiF
Will the spotted cat be added in the aquarium?
:eek:
I read this literally when I glanced at it. You're right, a spotted cat swimming around in the Aquarium would be really cool. I can't imagine the difficulties of getting the fur to fluff out and move properly, though. Plus cats probably don't like salt water that much. ;):)

Marian Nichols 08-26-2003 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Wizwad
:eek:
I read this literally when I glanced at it. You're right, a spotted cat swimming around in the Aquarium would be really cool. I can't imagine the difficulties of getting the fur to fluff out and move properly, though. Plus cats probably don't like salt water that much. ;):)

Well if you are going to have a spotted 'cat' then I want a black one;)

Tiny Turtle 08-26-2003 07:13 AM

Anybody who's ever seen a wet cat knows it looks anything but cool. Cold perhaps, but not cool...

/Tiny Swimmer