Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ummmm.... is that all there is ?? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4113)

SoundsGood 06-23-2007 08:31 AM

Ummmm.... is that all there is ??

Hi guys. I bought Marine Aquarium last night and I've been playing around with it a bit.

I was really hoping that the paid version had a few more features than the test version, but it doesn't look that way -- unless maybe I'm missing something.

>> Is there any way to change the scenery, or the tanks, etc?

>> Are there any interactive features, like feeding the fish?

Etc...

Jim Sachs 06-23-2007 09:56 PM

The main difference between the test version and the real version is the number of available fish. The test version is limited to 3, while the real version has 28. Version 3 will have fish-feeding. The tank will be two widescreens wide, and you will be able to scroll back and forth within this much larger environment.

Find the MA3 thread for more info.

patscarr 06-24-2007 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundsGood
>> Is there any way to change the scenery, or the tanks, etc?

No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundsGood
>> Are there any interactive features, like feeding the fish?

No.

SoundsGood 06-24-2007 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs
The main difference between the test version and the real version is the number of available fish. The test version is limited to 3, while the real version has 28.

I can only get 7 fish into the tank at one time. How do we add more?

Thanks.

Tiny Turtle 06-24-2007 09:10 AM

The full version has 28 different fish available. You can only have 7 swimming in the tank at the same time (or 8 if you run it in widescreen mode). The reason for this is that a tank this size will look too crowded with more fish.

SoundsGood 06-24-2007 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiny Turtle
You can only have 7 swimming in the tank at the same time (or 8 if you run it in widescreen mode).

Bummer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiny Turtle
The reason for this is that a tank this size will look too crowded with more fish.

Hmmm... with all due respect, that decision (in my opinion) should be the user's.

Oh well. Maybe I should have waited for version 3... :(

Jav400 06-24-2007 09:25 AM

Jim sets the limit since adding more fish would create more possibility for pass thru's and ruin the illusion of a real tank. The next version being wider will allow more fish,and eventually have special creatures that crawl along the bottom.

SoundsGood 06-24-2007 09:25 AM

By the way, the sales home page says "Now with 28 fish."

It doesn't say "but only 7 can swim in the tank at the same time."

Jim Sachs 06-24-2007 09:56 AM

The collision problem is the main reason there cannot be more fish in the tank at once. Other aquarium programs simply ignore the occasional pass-through, but for me anything which detracts so much from the realism is totally unacceptable. The new version will have the ability to add many more fish (plus invertabrates) because of the larger tank, but it will spread them out enough to (hopefully) eliminate pass-throughs.

SoundsGood 06-24-2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

The collision problem is the main reason there cannot be more fish in the tank at once.

Fair enough. Thanks.

Marian Nichols 06-24-2007 11:45 AM

I have been using Jim creation since his beginning and the fact that the fish do not pass through each other is the only reason I bought it. I have tried other aquarium and this flaw is very upsetting to me to the point I no longer use them, even with the extra features.

Sometimes you just want the serenity of an aquarium without thinking that this is not for real. Because it looks so real. Relax and enjoy.

ESHIREY 06-25-2007 04:23 PM

Well said.

SoundsGood 06-25-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marian Nichols
Sometimes you just want the serenity of an aquarium without thinking that this is not for real. Because it looks so real. Relax and enjoy.

I received a new 20" widescreen monitor today, and I must say that Marine Aquarium looks just beautiful on it.

Jim Sachs 06-25-2007 05:49 PM

MA3 will look even better, with double the resolution and a 3D background.

SoundsGood 06-25-2007 05:58 PM

Quote:

Nice. Any ETA on that?

FishyBusiness 06-25-2007 06:18 PM

LOL. Oh no, the ETA question. :roflmao:

Jim Sachs 06-25-2007 06:38 PM

Nope. Unless you happen to be an expert on Shaders, and are willing to answer some questions.

SoundsGood 06-25-2007 06:44 PM

Nope.

Jim Sachs 06-25-2007 07:04 PM

Darn!

bozpool 06-26-2007 01:43 AM

Quote:

If I have bought Marine Aquarium 2.6 now, would I get free upgrade to MA3 when it out??