Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Aquarium Marine 3.2 (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17012)

ANDYinNORWICH 07-08-2014 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 152168)
Yes, we're in the process of totally reworking the SereneScreen website. The text says 3.2, but the download file is actually 3.3.

Jim,
I have been a customer for over 10 years and really enjoy your MA :). Is there any future possibility of MA having the possibility of an increased total number of fish running?

It seems to me, most computers have much increased processor and graphic card performance since MA3 arrived, so there should no longer be any reason to throttle the total fish in the tank.:(

Are you still intending to improve and/or produce new versions of MA?

And lastly, what other projects are you currently working on that are becoming functional but are not yet finished?

A butterfly cage would be excellent, and very calming. This may have been mentioned before, please excuse my suggestion if so.

Kind regards,
Andy.

sam2011 07-10-2014 08:40 AM

What does the future hold for Marine Aquarium?

So Jim - will we ever see a Marine Aquarium 4 or have we seen the final iteration of this amazing screen saver? There was also talk about creature add-on packs for Marine Aquarium 3? Can you share your future plans?

Thanks
Scott

Jim Sachs 07-28-2014 10:35 AM

I haven't decided whether or not to add anything more to the Aquarium. The last few updates have not generated any increase in sales. I've been building a house for about 10 years now, and am also currently taking care of my mother (Alzheimer's), so I've really got my hands full at the moment.

Andy - Regarding more fish in the tank, the limit is already much higher than a real tank would support, and collisions are a real problem when the max number is used.

As far as future plans, if I do continue with MA3 the next item would be improved fish movement and schooling. A butterfly habitat was also planned, but when I see the awesome 3D worlds currently being implemented by game designers, it makes me want to give up programming completely.

Ralph 07-28-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 152544)
I haven't decided whether or not to add anything more to the Aquarium. The last few updates have not generated any increase in sales. [snip]
As far as future plans, if I do continue with MA3 the next item would be improved fish movement and schooling. A butterfly habitat was also planned, but when I see the awesome 3D worlds currently being implemented by game designers, it makes me want to give up programming completely.

Unfortunately, I think the attraction of screen savers is pretty well past. And.. again unfortunately.. I think the glory days of an individual doing fantastic programing on his / her own are also over.

fly911 07-29-2014 11:40 AM

Jim, as far as I'm concerned, your creation is as lifelike as anyone could want. I am going to contact my cable provider and see if I can convince them to dedicate a channel to MA3. Is that something that they could rent the non exclusive rights to?
BTW, Jill did an excellent job on her KickStarter project. Glad you turned us on to it. Glad I could help. Excellent.

Jim Sachs 07-29-2014 02:57 PM

I'm trying to figure out how to do a streaming version of the Aquarium. I'd need to dedicate a computer to it, running the program 24/7 and uploading it to the web. There's a new large-format photo frame coming out which can display streaming media as a wall-hanging. http://thecreatorsproject.vice.com/b...or-digital-art

Jill says thanks for your support. She'll be entering her film in Indy contests.

fly911 07-30-2014 04:33 AM

That sounds like a great concept, Jim. Apparently from the link, it could be doable. Bandwidth is always a consideration. I have my 32" LCD/LED screen on for 24/7/365 with a few exceptions when it goes out on me for no apparent reason. I would like to replace the laptop that drives it with a smaller dedicated computer, chip or something like that. There were some suggestions about that earlier in this blog.

With your streaming idea though, there would be more flexibility, and reliability. When the end user's computer is on, their TV could be their display when they weren't watching something else. That large screen photo frame is long overdue. With the smaller frames, you can just plug in a USB thumb drive with your photos, if I'm not mistaken. With the hugh storage capacity of modern thumb drives and data cards, I wonder if it would be possible to store say an hours worth of MA3 on a loop? Let us know how it's coming along.

Since the frame mentioned in your link comes with its own micro computer (and I'm guessing about the "Micro" part) I think this will be a winner. The KickStarter effort seems pretty successful.

snorkler 09-01-2014 06:35 PM

Thanks and goodbye!

Ten years working on a house and more than ten on this program. You should be tired! I have not posted much but have always kept up with the improvements. I believe, unfortunately, that we are at an end for serenescreen. (NO end to a house!!)
I just wanted to say thanks!
Probably the best money I have ever spent! If I ever get an email that serenescreen has more options for purchase i will happily do so.
Again, thank you and good luck!

Michael

Jim Sachs 09-01-2014 10:23 PM

I hope you'll still drop in from time to time.

Jean-Pierre Marro 01-16-2015 09:35 PM

Hi Jim,
I wish you a good year in 2015.
Perhaps would we get to see the latest Marine Aquarium 3.3 this year ???
We are much in the meantime ...
Thank you in advance for a favorable response.
Good day.

Jim Sachs 01-18-2015 10:56 PM

MA 3.3 has been available for quite some time.

Jean-Pierre Marro 01-19-2015 09:36 PM

Salut Jim ,
Oui je sais , parce que je regarde votre site tous les jours ...
Je parlais de changements possibles dans Marine Aquarium 3.3 ( nouveaux éléments Contribution dans le bassin ... ) .
Nous sommes beaucoup dans l'intervalle ...
Je espérons qu'il y aura des conséquences en 2015 .
Merci à l'avance pour OUI ...
Bonne journée.

Jim Sachs 01-20-2015 09:04 PM

Anybody here speak French? (and English)

Jav400 01-20-2015 09:14 PM

Hi Jim, yes I know, because I look your site every day...
I was talking about possible changes in Marine Aquarium 3.3 (new elements Contribution in the basin...).
We s (English)

Close anyway.......................

Best I can figure basin probably refers to the coral and so forth.......

Jim Sachs 01-20-2015 09:19 PM

Ah, OK. It's conceivable that I could add some more items or tune up the movement or collision detection. It all depends on if any money is coming in. We're in talks with a Taiwanese cable company which is interested in using MA in their set-top box, so that may help.

Jean-Pierre Marro 01-20-2015 10:19 PM

Hello,
Thank you to JAV400 for translation.
Thank you to Jim for the answer.
Good day.

fly911 08-01-2016 06:25 AM

Driver for MA3.2 on monitor

Quote:

Originally Posted by 321liftoff (Post 151102)
What system is connected to your LED Screen that is running MA3?

EDIT: I see in a previous post that you are using a Laptop. If you are interested in a low-power device that won't be too hot, see my suggestion below:

Since there is an android version of MA3, you could use a CuBox-i device to run Android and hook it up via HDMI to a display. Running MA3 on a CuBox-i4pro would be around 7.5W.

I like the idea of a dedicated monitor!

Can anyone offer suggestions on hooking up a device to display MA3 on a large 34" wide" 4K monitor, short of using a laptop computer? Still searching. Thanks! Mike.

feldon34 08-03-2016 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fly911 (Post 157236)
Can anyone offer suggestions on hooking up a device to display MA3 on a large 34" wide" 4K monitor, short of using a laptop computer? Still searching. Thanks! Mike.

A small computer should be able to do it. Just a matter of comparing specs. Shouldn't have to spend more than $150.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...CE&PageSize=30

Jim Sachs 08-03-2016 10:11 PM

As long as we're on the subject, does anyone know what the minimum system would be that can take an NVidia 3D Vision card?

fly911 08-04-2016 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feldon34 (Post 157242)
A small computer should be able to do it. Just a matter of comparing specs. Shouldn't have to spend more than $150.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...CE&PageSize=30

Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking that would probably be the best way to go. I wonder if "Screen Mirroring" would work. I've tried it from my tablet to my 65" 4K UHD Samsung curved TV but there was a lot of tearing on the big screen.

fly911 08-04-2016 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 157245)
As long as we're on the subject, does anyone know what the minimum system would be that can take an NVidia 3D Vision card?

Thanks, Jim. Always better to work alone.

Jim Sachs 08-04-2016 10:27 PM

I'm looking to build a small, cheap system that can output stereo 3D. Something I can take with me to show people how the Aquarium looks in 3D. I had a meeting at Roku last week, and I really wanted to show those guys what MA3 could do, but even my cell phone crashed, so I had nothing to work with. The head of Roku, Anthony Wood, is an old Amiga guy who I have known for 30 years. He'd like to build MA3 into the Roku box if we can figure out an easy way to do it.

Cyrust 08-23-2016 11:06 AM

Bing Search Fish Scene

Bing.com search engine has a short reef scene today 8/23/16

sandworm 10-28-2016 08:41 AM

Fish Size

How does one change the size of each fish?

Ralph 10-30-2016 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandworm (Post 157394)
How does one change the size of each fish?

Use a bigger monitor..:D sorry but you can not change the size of the fish.