Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Are any of our Goldfish users on the Tiger seed list? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2968)

JimO'Connor 03-19-2005 03:25 PM

Are any of our Goldfish users on the Tiger seed list?

I need a few users who have legal access to Tiger to help me test existing products and new builds.

yonley 05-09-2005 10:20 PM

Goldfish doesn't fit Tiger's Cinema Screen

Goldfish doesn't fit Tiger's Cinema Screen but fit on Panther

JimO'Connor 05-10-2005 11:18 AM

Hi Yonley,

I'm going to be out of the office for a few days, so I won't be able to reply until next week. What size screen do you have? What are the settings on the advanced page for the Full Screen area? How do you mean it doesn't fit?

Full screen in the application version is broken and the window won't float to the top. I'm going to fix this in a new build which will have some other improvements. Since the application isn't the main part of the product I'm not planning to do a build specifically to fix this problem.

johnblommers 06-23-2005 12:11 PM

Head in the blue gravel

Hi Jim,

OK I'm not on the seed list for Tiger, nor am I going to get myself one of the Intel Developer units.

But listen, I apologize for being off the boards for a while. I came back to report my observation of a new version of the Goldfish Aquarium for Windows that has very nice blue gravel that the Macintosh version does not have.

I saw it on a few Windows boxes on display at the Issaquah CostCo.

- John

drfish 06-23-2005 12:50 PM

That's the one that comes with Windows MCE 2005.

johnblommers 06-23-2005 01:36 PM

WT*

Quote:

Originally Posted by drfish
That's the one that comes with Windows MCE 2005.

Good to hear from you again Doc!

I would like the blue gravel for the Apple "Macintosh Media Center" version of GA please :cool:

- John

drfish 06-23-2005 01:49 PM

It does looks surprisingly nice, but I'm not sure I like it better than the normal one... Colored gravel works well with goldfish and it would look good in a living room...

johnblommers 06-23-2005 04:05 PM

Nobody asked the goldfish

Doc

We're forgetting the goldfish. In nature there is no blue gravel. Heck I'm not sure it's really gravel but not some kind of colored polished glass?

- John

drfish 06-24-2005 03:39 AM

You're right, I bet no one considered asking the little digital occupants if they liked the new decorating direction Lifegolbe is taking... :lol:

Marian Nichols 06-24-2005 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnblommers
Doc

We're forgetting the goldfish. In nature there is no blue gravel. Heck I'm not sure it's really gravel but not some kind of colored polished glass?

- John

In nature there are no goldfish, only carp.

Goldfish are a figment of man’s imagination. (and intensive inbreeding to produce the various mutations of ‘goldfish')

As is blue gravel.

Since you will never find both in the wild, why not in an aquarium?

Tiny Turtle 06-27-2005 03:47 AM

Touché

Marian Nichols 06-27-2005 08:02 AM

:TU: ;)

ESHIREY 06-27-2005 09:47 AM

Well said Hon.

Robarmo 08-15-2005 03:10 PM

Saw the blue gravel version in a store last week.

I like it.

Rob.

johnblommers 08-15-2005 08:06 PM

See I told you guys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robarmo
Saw the blue gravel version in a store last week.

I like it.

Rob.

Sure you like it, the blue gravel is very very nice. it's YOUR screen and if you like the blue gravel and own a Macintosh then why not ask for it?

Indeed ....

"johnblommers hailing SereneScreen developer and artists - requesting blue gravel screen saver for Macintosh please."

over ....

AKcrab 08-17-2005 03:30 AM

"AKcrab hailing SereneScreen developers and artists - requesting something, anything, for Macintosh please."

;)

feldon34 08-17-2005 06:36 AM

SereneScreen has one developer/artist. Maybe you're thinking LifeGlobe?

JimO'Connor 08-28-2005 08:35 PM

Hi all,

Sorry for the silent treatment.

Goldfish will get some attention this fall. After the developers conference I've been tied up.

Polcamilla 09-06-2005 06:26 PM

A Mac User's Wishlist

Seeing GA with the blue gravel got me interested in it again. It really is too dreary with the boring brown gravel and brown rocks (even with the plants thrown in!).

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give us blue gravel?? So we don't get all depressed by our fish in their boring brown tank and switch over to Marine Aquarium instead and neglect our little goldfish friends??

Even better would be gravel where we could pick the color (I'm picturing a slider like the color sliders in Photoshop).

Also, I have a 21" display, and when GA is scaled up to fit it full-screen, it makes the fish creepy-big. Could we get a little more control over the scale of the fish? I'd rather NOT have the plants extend to the top of the screen and have the fish end up with a little extra space to swim in and have them be a normal, pet-store size.

Hrm.....y'know, I probably ought to post this in the regular GA forum.

JimO'Connor 09-08-2005 10:36 AM

The blue gravel is sorta "poke me in the eye with a stick" but that is why we have mulitple backgrounds in Goldfish. I don't think that a color slider would be very effective for the gravel. We could do it, but it wouldn't give you the look you are asking for. I know we are planning to address the larger monitors.