Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Can I view the whole tank? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4741)

ant 01-31-2009 10:08 PM

Can I view the whole tank?

Hi!

I was checking out the latest MA3 screen saver beta. I like it, but what happened to the fading black/darkness like in v2? Also, is there a way to show the WHOLE tank on a 5:4 monitor at 1280x1024 resolution? DreamAquarium (yeah, a competitor and I like it too) can show the whole tank without moving the camera.

Thank you in advance. :)

feldon34 02-01-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ant (Post 110201)
Hi!

I was checking out the latest MA3 screen saver beta. I like it, but what happened to the fading black/darkness like in v2?

First, welcome to the forums and MA3 Beta!!

More advanced control over the lighting is coming in a future update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ant (Post 110201)
Also, is there a way to show the WHOLE tank on a 5:4 monitor at 1280x1024 resolution? DreamAquarium (yeah, a competitor and I like it too) can show the whole tank without moving the camera.

Thank you in advance. :)

For now you can press "F" to bring the Aquarium up in a window. You can stretch the window to fit your screen width and if you set the height of the window correctly, you'll see the whole tank.

I am not sure if a future update of the Aquarium will allow it to run "letterbox" with large black bars at the top and bottom and the whole tank in the middle. MA3 is now 2 1/2 screens wide.

ant 02-01-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feldon32 (Post 110227)
First, welcome to the forums and MA3 Beta!!

More advanced control over the lighting is coming in a future update.

For now you can press "F" to bring the Aquarium up in a window. You can stretch the window to fit your screen width and if you set the height of the window correctly, you'll see the whole tank.

I am not sure if a future update of the Aquarium will allow it to run "letterbox" with large black bars at the top and bottom and the whole tank in the middle. MA3 is now 2 1/2 screens wide.

Cool, do I assume the more advanced controls are before the final release? And I was talking about fullscreen only so the screen saver is so pretty. :D Yeah, a letterbox version would be nice like DreamAquarium's. It should be an option.

ant 02-01-2009 12:28 PM

Also, is there a mailing list or something to be notified of new betas?

feldon34 02-01-2009 03:56 PM

If you follow this link, you will be receive an e-mail notification every time a new version of the Aquarium is released.

ant 02-01-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feldon32 (Post 110271)
If you follow this link, you will be receive an e-mail notification every time a new version of the Aquarium is released.

Thanks. :)