Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Marine Aquarium 3 Comments & Appreciation (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4382)

ESHIREY 05-07-2010 10:38 AM

Sure looks good to me too.

JohnWho 05-07-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jav400 (Post 121419)
Looks good to me John. I am assuming that you are the one that managed to get that up there?

Yes, I and another member conduct the "Q & A" session for an hour before each meeting in the auditorium. I've been projecting MA3 up on the screen for over a year now.

I also show short (10 to 30 seconds) videos of other "fishy" things such as Koi ponds that I've found in the Tampa Bay area (Jungle Gardens, Sarasota; Sunken Gardens, St. Pete; Marie Selby Gardens, Sarasota; and others) as well as from aquariums at the Florida Aquarium, Tampa and Mote Museum, Sarasota and other places as I happen to see them.

Hey, I'm living on the Gulf Coast of Florida - we appreciate fish whether on the PC, in the water, or on our plates.

:)

JamesMeacham2005 05-10-2010 07:06 AM

my wish for items

Be careful wishing for oil rigs in your aquarium. They have been know to sink and destroy the environment. I thnk we need plankton in the aquarium after all the fish need it eat. ha ha.:loco:

JamesMeacham2005 05-12-2010 12:02 AM

my bad

My post was not meant as a slam against anyone. It was meant as a joke.
The comment about the oil rig should have been understood. The Gulf of Mexico(US) environment is wreaked thanks to and oil well accident. As a result "natures marine aquarium is in jepordy." Again I'm sorry if this post was misunderstood. :sad:

DeepSeaFan 05-12-2010 07:49 AM

Hey, great to see version 3 of Marine Aquarium was released. I haven't been here for about 2-3 years, so I don't think I saw that it was released till today. I've got to find my CD somewhere, so I can upgrade! :)

Jav400 05-12-2010 08:01 AM

Welcome back DSF. Hope things have been going well for you.

ESHIREY 05-12-2010 09:28 AM

Yeah, Welcome back.

artyaffe 06-10-2010 07:25 PM

Beta11j zipfile corrupted?

I've been having trouble downloading the latest Beta (11j) - the zip file seems to be corrupted. ??

cjmaddy 06-11-2010 07:56 AM

This is a known problem with the latest v11j. - Most of us have had the same difficulty, check out....

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...53&#post122353
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=5378

ps, Welcome to the forum, artyaffe. :)

dragonwing 06-27-2010 01:03 AM

Introduction

Hello,everyone!
I've had MA version 1.1 for a good while and liked it. Tonight my son bought me MA3 for a late fathers day gift. I just gotta say, i love it now! I used to have quite an NNR reef setup a few years ago, but had to tear it down to move to a new place. An expensive hobby that was.:D:loco: This screensaver brings a tear to my eye and reminds me of how much i miss my old aquarium. But the best thing is... no setup costs and no cleaning!:TU:

Well done Mr.Sachs, Serene Screen and Prolific! i cant wait to see what you do with this next.

Jim Sachs 06-27-2010 05:28 PM

Thanks - and welcome to the Forum!

Jav400 06-27-2010 05:56 PM

Welcome to the forum DW. Got any photos of the old setup?

Nicki 06-27-2010 07:39 PM

Dragonwing you have a good son :).

dragonwing 06-27-2010 09:15 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, Jim, Jav and Nicki!

Yes Jav, i do have some pictures of it....somewhere in a photo envelope packed away. I wish i knew exactly where they were. It was a pretty interesting lil' 55 gal. tank. I read "The Reef Aquarium" by Delbeek & Sprung and set up a Natrural Nitrate Reduction system according to what i read. Its one of the most comprehensive books on the subject i've ever seen. I had the tank set up for about 6 years until i moved.

Yes, Nicki.... I'm not sure how i did it, but my son is a good kid. I've never had much problem with him. If only my parents could've said the same about me. Only now that I'm older and theyre gone do i realise what i must've put them thru at times.

ESHIREY 06-28-2010 09:31 AM

Yes WELCOME to the forums.

Wizwad 07-26-2010 05:07 PM

Well, in the course of building the new PC, I've also gone for an upgraded monitor. I've gone for the Acer GD245HQ which is, strangely, a 23.6" display.

"So what?" I hear you ask. Well I'll tell you: I also decided to go for the nVidia 3D Vision pack, having enviously read about Jim's and Cliff's and Michael's 3D capability since, oh, March 2003 near enough. :)

Decided to test them on the other PC tonight, though, as it'll be a few weeks before I assemble the new DIY system, and guess what the first piece of proper software was with which I tested this get-up? OK, it's not much of a stretch - MA3.1.

WOW!! I'd just like to say, I'm blown away! It's absolutely brilliant! Simply marvellous!

Wow!

Any questions?

(Wow!)

Jav400 07-26-2010 05:17 PM

Mark,

That's absolutely fantastic. I remember looking at the old version in 3D and you could tell that the coral was done with cutouts. I am totally envious that you are seeing 3.1 I haven't setup to do that yet.

Fire up the old version and look at it and then compare the two for me. Ok, maybe you better not, I might not be able to stand it. :(

Wizwad 07-26-2010 05:29 PM

LOL

I'll do that, Mike, but I'll have to find my key code first. :)

And sure you'll be able to stand it. It'll just persuade you to upgrade as well, that's all, and the next addition to the boat will take slightly longer. :D

Jim Sachs 07-26-2010 06:25 PM

I've got the 3DVision glasses and a suitable card, but the Samsung Syncmaster monitor I got is the wrong model number, and won't do 120hz.

cjmaddy 07-27-2010 04:29 AM

Mark, I'm really pleased that you are experiencing MA in 3-D with GeForce 3D Vision. But I'm afraid my views re the requirements of that 3DVision system, and of 3D in general, have not changed. - With my Revelator shutter glasses, and the correct video card drivers, (which at that time were available, but no longer!), MA was indeed impressive...... However, I still believe the Ebert view will win the day! ;)